Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 1B: "Official" Results, News & Discussion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288919)

maryfield48 07-08-2005 03:54 PM

Re: The Grinder=The Floater

[ QUOTE ]
A player makes a preflop raise, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi calls. The flop comes 9-3-2. Mizrachi bets out, and his opponent comes over the top all in. Mizrachi quickly calls. "Overpair no good," Mizrachi says before his opponent has the chance to flip over pocket aces. And indeed bullets are no good, as Mizrachi shows 3d-2d for bottom two pair. The turn and river are bricks, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi sends a player home early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I think that if you switch these two hands we'd hear about how bad these donkey amateurs are.

cwsiggy 07-08-2005 03:55 PM

Re: Erin Ness wtf?????

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and she's hot. Don't forget that. How often do you think Pokerstars will get the logo she's wearing on TV vs. the logo some fat slob is wearing if they go the same length of time in the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - true. Better her on TV than showing Eskimo Clark or x-22 biting into their sandwiches while pondering a reraise.

onthebutton 07-08-2005 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A player makes a preflop raise, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi calls. The flop comes 9-3-2. Mizrachi bets out, and his opponent comes over the top all in. Mizrachi quickly calls. "Overpair no good," Mizrachi says before his opponent has the chance to flip over pocket aces. And indeed bullets are no good, as Mizrachi shows 3d-2d for bottom two pair. The turn and river are bricks, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi sends a player home early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I think that if you switch these two hands we'd hear about how bad these donkey amateurs are.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

brassnuts 07-08-2005 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. That description of the hand is way too vague to really make any assertions about the play.

cwsiggy 07-08-2005 04:00 PM

Re: Another power player bites the dust

lol - 10k event and some people don't even know the rules! Hysterical.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. That description of the hand is way too vague to really make any assertions about the play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. We don't know how much AA raised pre-flop, or what kind of read Grinder had on him.

Douche Bag 07-08-2005 04:01 PM

Fold pre flop

Mr_Gordon 07-08-2005 04:03 PM

Re: WSOP Day 1B: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PWN3D

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]
By Definition:

The act of stealing one's pride, or winning an arguement. The act of embarrassing someone to the fullest.

Example: Johnny got drunk at his buddys' house. When Johnny passed out, his buddys' put makeup on him and poored Cinnamon bun icing on his lips to look like semen...then posted a picture of it online. Johnny was owned.

Kevmath 07-08-2005 04:06 PM

I'll guess the "amateur" made a small mini-raise hoping to suck people in, and got outplayed. Another FPS victim.

Kevin...

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the Grinder hand? Why fold pre-flop? Actually, why apply such a blanket statment when we don't have all the facts? You know most love suited connectors, so if it was a small raise, he was probably correct (in his mind) to call. If he doesn't get anything on the flop, he can get out very cheaply. If he does (as he did) get 2 pair, a set or flop a flush, he has the opportunity to double up early if his opponent has a big overpair.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll guess the "amateur" made a small mini-raise hoping to suck people in, and got outplayed. Another FPS victim.

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this is exactly the online poker mentality. Small raise/limp in with AA/KK/AK/QQ/AQ/JJ, then immediately jam on almost any flop.

imaptone 07-08-2005 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was joking

onthebutton 07-08-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PWN3D

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]
By Definition:

The act of stealing one's pride, or winning an arguement. The act of embarrassing someone to the fullest.

Example: Johnny got drunk at his buddys' house. When Johnny passed out, his buddys' put makeup on him and poored Cinnamon bun icing on his lips to look like semen...then posted a picture of it online. Johnny was owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get that this term is big with the 13-18 crowd yet?

Kevmath 07-08-2005 04:11 PM

Negreanu went off to war...

And he's running out of bullets, down to 3k at the break. At the same table, Sammy Farha's over 40k.

Kevin...

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:12 PM

David Sklansky and Paul Phillips are also playing today. What big name pros are left for tomorrow? Doyle, Lederer, Annie Duke, Ivey...who else?

superleeds 07-08-2005 04:13 PM

A pretty face and tits

samjjones 07-08-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about the Grinder hand? Why fold pre-flop? Actually, why apply such a blanket statment when we don't have all the facts? You know most love suited connectors, so if it was a small raise, he was probably correct (in his mind) to call. If he doesn't get anything on the flop, he can get out very cheaply. If he does (as he did) get 2 pair, a set or flop a flush, he has the opportunity to double up early if his opponent has a big overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do not try to defend any non-ABC poker here!

samjjones 07-08-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
David Sklansky and Paul Phillips are also playing today. What big name pros are left for tomorrow? Doyle, Lederer, Annie Duke, Ivey...who else?

[/ QUOTE ]
Annie is playing today.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Annie is playing today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just saw that. Not many huge names left for tomorrow.

BlackAces 07-08-2005 04:16 PM

Hellmuth and Ram Vaswani are the only ones I can think of.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth is playing today.

maryfield48 07-08-2005 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree completely. I'm not saying Mizrachi played it badly. Just saying that the lack of that information would not have inhibited many from launching into the usual tirades. I guess the pro gets the benefit of any doubt, though I've seen a few pros make a few plays that leaves me of the view that the quality of play even among the pros varies pretty widely.

Tical 07-08-2005 04:19 PM

When does ESPN televise? (nfm)

27o

Kevmath 07-08-2005 04:19 PM

Annie in a bad mood

From Gutshot :

Preflop action unknown
732 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG bets 300, Duke raises to 1300, UTG calls
Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG bets 1000, Duke calls
River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG riffles his chips and restacks them. Annie asks if he checked and then calls for a ruling, insisting it was a check. The dealer, other players and the rail missed it but a check was enforced. Duke checks, UTG turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Kevin...

BlackAces 07-08-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure? I haven't seen his name on any site so far.

johnnycakes 07-08-2005 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you know by now that he's always late

From Gutshot
"12:27pm
Also playing today...
Kathy Liebert
Gary Jones
Kevin O'connell
Joe Grech
Chip Reese
Alan Goerhing
Steve Vladar
Dan Harrington
Men the Master

Hellmuth is playing but hasn't made it to his seat yet."

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone said he was earlier, and he is ALWAYS late.

samjjones 07-08-2005 04:23 PM

Re: Annie in a bad mood

[ QUOTE ]
From Gutshot :

Preflop action unknown
732 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG bets 300, Duke raises to 1300, UTG calls
River is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG riffles his chips and restacks them. Annie asks if he checked and then calls for a ruling, insisting it was a check. The dealer, other players and the rail missed it but a check was enforced. Duke checks, UTG turns over A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh...a repeat of last year. "MAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!"

Hold'me 07-08-2005 04:23 PM

Re: Annie in a bad mood

[ QUOTE ]
From Gutshot :

Preflop action unknown

Kevin...

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. Does Annie Duke ever not get it her way?

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:24 PM

Only other big name I can think of is Marcel Luske.

samjjones 07-08-2005 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone said he was earlier, and he is ALWAYS late.

[/ QUOTE ]
Phil is still at his hotel...

http://www.pokerplayer.se/images/phil3.jpg

callmedonnie 07-08-2005 04:26 PM

Re: Other big names?

I'm sure there are many, but let's not forget the entertaining dutchman Marcel Luske!

Kevmath 07-08-2005 04:27 PM

Mike Paulle\'s Large List O\' Names

From Pokerpages.com:

Peter Alson
Tahoe Andrews
Todd Arnold
Sam Arzoin
Joe Awada
Glyn Banks
Don Barton
Joe Beevers
Chris Bell
Bradley Berman
Chris Bjorin
Barney Boatman
John Boneti
Burt Boutin
Dutch Boyd
Andre Boyer
Steve Brecher
Todd Brunson
Gerry Bush
David Chiu
Chris Compton
Allen Cunningham
Fred David
Greg Debora
Asher Derei
Mark Dickstein
Binh Do
Nani Dollison
Ivo Donev
Wendeen Eolis
Antonio Esfaniari
John Esposito
Ron Faltinsky
Sammy Farha
Vinny Favorito
Bob Feduniak
Maureen Feduniak
Terry Fleischer
Eric Ford
Perry Friedman
Rafe Furst
Alan Goehring
Ken Goldstein
Phil Gordon
Michael Gracz
Dan Harrington
Craig Hartman
Melissa Hayden
John Hennigan
Karina Jett
Gary Jones
Jesse Jones
John Kabbaj
Archie Karas
Chris Karragulleyan
Frank Kasella
Kevin Keller
Allen Kessler
Meng La
Derek LaForte
Meng Le
Gary Lent
David Levi
Kathy Liebert
Erick Lindgren
Gioi Luong
Minh Ly
Paul Magriel
Tobey Maguire
Ayaz Mahmood
Sammy Marcos
JP Massar
Paul McKinney
Phyllis Meyers
Michael Mizrachi
Chris Moneymaker
Cecilia Mortensen
Abe Mosseri
Greg Mueller
Tony Nasr
Daniel Negreanu
Evelyn Ng
David Pham
Young Phan
Paul Phillips
Alex Prendes
Allie Prescott
Roxanne Rhodes
Jeff Rine
Ben Roberts
Mimi Rodgers
Luis Santoni
Adam Schoenfeld
Bob Sharpe
Hilbert Shirey
Allyn Shulman
Barry Shulman
David Sklansky
Kevin Song
Chuck Thompson
Roy Thung
Bo Toft
Derek Tomko
David Tran
JC Tran
Jimmy Tran
Mimi Tran
Robert Turner
Amir Vahedi
Vince Van Patten
Robert Varkonyi
Van Vguyen
Cyndy Violette
Renee Wexler
Wil Wilkenson
David Williams
Paul Wolfe
Jerry Young

imaptone 07-08-2005 04:31 PM

Re: Mike Paulle\'s Large List O\' Names

[ QUOTE ]
Vince Van Patten

[/ QUOTE ]
I wonder if he is as handsome in real life as he is on TV. God I hope he wins.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:33 PM

How could we all forget Danny Nguyen and Tuan Le? They are certainly going to be HU for this whole thing.

DonT77 07-08-2005 04:34 PM

ESPN Broadcast Schedule

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/broadcast.asp

Hold'me 07-08-2005 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How could we all forget Danny Nguyen and Tuan Le? They are certainly going to be HU for this whole thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tuan played yesterday. I believe either Danny Nguyen or Phil Ivey are the big favorites to win this one.

Bartman387 07-08-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree completely. I'm not saying Mizrachi played it badly. Just saying that the lack of that information would not have inhibited many from launching into the usual tirades. I guess the pro gets the benefit of any doubt, though I've seen a few pros make a few plays that leaves me of the view that the quality of play even among the pros varies pretty widely.

[/ QUOTE ]
In one of Phil Gordons podcasts he goes on a tirade about how bad some of so called professionals are or he has seen playing this WSOP. He tells on particular example about a hand at his table between two of these pros. THe whole story he goes out of his way to not mention names then accidentally at the end says, "and then Hoyt... uh, the Pro..." Kinda funny to hear him try so hard an dthen fail.

But anyway to my point. He says that if some of these pros he has played with can be successful at poker anyone can be.

Quake1028 07-08-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Tuan played yesterday. I believe either Danny Nguyen or Phil Ivey are the big favorites to win this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure Tuan played yesterday?

bobbyi 07-08-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is poker that starved for female players that we all have poker goggles??

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.