Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New 20% to 120$ deposit bonus on stars, starting now (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259624)

Cris 05-27-2005 07:58 AM

Re: New 20% to 120$ deposit bonus on stars, starting now

Can you deposit and immediately withdraw to stack these up, or do you have to leave your money in there until you clear a bonus?

TemetNosce 05-27-2005 08:07 AM

You need to leave your funds in for 24 hours, but I'm not sure if that's the exact time frame. It may be 48 hours, someone can correct me if 24 is incorrect.

Bottom line is leave it in for a period of time. Once that time period is finished, you can pull funds out. You do NOT have to leave them in until the bonus is finished.

Lee Jones 05-27-2005 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else here taking advantage of this? Looks like I'll be playing in the ring at Poker Stars for a while - with frequent stops into their newby WSOP qualifier tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - this is one of the cooler things that we've done in the two years that I've been here. We are sending 25 players who have never played a cash game at PokerStars to the WSOP. If we do a three-peat, and our man (or woman) is fresh out of the play money games...

I know this won't be useful to most of you, but I think it's a great promotion and I'll be totally rooting for those 25 people.

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager

Rudbaeck 05-27-2005 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If we do a three-peat, and our man (or woman) is fresh out of the play money games...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine what Phil Hellmuth will say.

kiddj 05-27-2005 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If we do a three-peat, and our man (or woman) is fresh out of the play money games...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just imagine what Phil Hellmuth will say.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd probably say: "The WSOP is rigged!!!".

PennDisc 05-27-2005 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party. Also at Party I can get in four of them in less than two minutes. They don't even have four to get into at Stars. The same is true for all of their other games. They just don't have that many games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right they don't have 4 to get into - because there is only 1 at a time. You sign up for it, and as soon as it starts they open a new table. This way there aren't 6 tables with 8 people each waiting for a game. The first 9 players get into a game, and then the next 9, and so on.

The order of all the games is up to you, you can sort by time, game type, buyin, whatever. Just click on the column header and it'll sort.

meow_meow 05-27-2005 11:13 AM

Stars bonuses are stackable right? nm

nm

Marc H 05-27-2005 11:23 AM

I'd be SHOCKED if any of these "lucky" 25 play money players make it out of the first day at the Main Event, Lee.

Talk about dead money.

Timer 05-27-2005 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The exact ordering and arrangement of the tournaments is user definable.

If you look at the bar directly underneath the Tourney tab (ID Date Game Limit Buy-In State Enrolled) you will notice either a little "up" arrow or "down" arrow.

You can switch the ordering, or select the tournaments to be ordered differently by clicking on the appropriate tab.

Maybe you do this and you still think that it is messy? Ship any feedback that you might have to ideas@pokerstars.com" target="_blank

Thanks,

Rom

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post my ideas here, because I don't think I'm going to be playing at your site much. Yes I do still think it's messy. I'm watching a $20 SnG right now and it's heads up and has been running 1hr and 21mn! No thank you. I can play two or three in that time at Party.

Also they don't pay as much. I guess that's because they are only nine handed.

I go to the lobby and click on Sit & Go. I then click on 1-table. I then click on every combination I can think of using the little arrows you describe. I still can't make only the games I am interested show up all by themselves, and I can't hide the full tables.

Party currently has 75 $20 Sit & Gos, while stars has 8. At Party they are easier to find, easier to get into, and faster to play, plus they pay more.

I tried to get into four of the 20s and it took about 7 minutes just for one of them to fill! At Party they fill as fast as you can sit down sometimes. The higher limit ones like the 50s through 200s take a little bit longer.

Sorry Stars, but this just isn't my cup of tea.

I have the same complaints about your ring games. Not enough selection. Maybe somebody likes it because I see you have 17,000 people playing, but I have no idea what they're playing, because it just doesn't interest me.

I guess my bonuses are just going to stack up at Stars.

dbirider16 05-27-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I finished mine in 2 hours and 50 minutes playing $100 and $200 heads up sit&go's, two at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I ask you a couple of questions? How long do these heads up sit & go's last on average? Is this with 10 minute rounds? In 2 hours and 50 minutes how many would you say you played altogether?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't already know, for every $1 in rake you get 5fpp's. So the $100+5 HU games are woth 25fpp's and the 200+10's are worth 50fpp's. I propably played about 8 $200 ones and 8 $100 ones, which adds up to 600fpp's.

I have played a bunch that lasted under 10 hands and a bunch that have lasted 40 minutes. I'd say that the average time to complete them is 20 minutes.

I wouldnt suggest playing these $100+ heads up sit&go's to clear a bonus though. I play them anyway so the bunus was just a perk. It's easily possible to be down $500+ after clearing the bonus if you didnt have a good day.

Try looking at the turbo 9 person sit&go's. This sounds more like your style of game since you want everything to move quick. They last around 50 minutes since the blinds go up every 5 minutes in these.

theghost 05-27-2005 11:36 AM

bump

Nato76 05-27-2005 11:41 AM

Anyone try clearing the Pokerstars bonus playing small stakes NL?

Pokamastah 05-27-2005 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't recommend it! 100NL is about the minimum to clear it at a decent rate.

teamdonkey 05-27-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from bonuswhores:

Reload Bonus Clear Rates:
Level Limit Full Ring Short Handed
$.10-$.25 No Limit $0.60 $0.48
$.25-$.50 No Limit $4.20 $4.37
$.50-$1.00 No Limit $7.01 $8.39
$1-$2 No Limit $8.34 $10.10
$2-$4 No Limit $8.83 $10.89
$3-$6 No Limit $8.98 $11.13
$5-$10 No Limit $9.12 $11.37

so at (full ring) 25NL you'll clear in a measly 200 table hours, 50NL will take 28 hours, 100NL 17 hours. Slowly drops to 13 table hours by the time you hit 1000NL.

Pokamastah 05-27-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from bonuswhores:

Reload Bonus Clear Rates:
Level Limit Full Ring Short Handed
$.10-$.25 No Limit $0.60 $0.48
$.25-$.50 No Limit $4.20 $4.37
$.50-$1.00 No Limit $7.01 $8.39
$1-$2 No Limit $8.34 $10.10
$2-$4 No Limit $8.83 $10.89
$3-$6 No Limit $8.98 $11.13
$5-$10 No Limit $9.12 $11.37

so at (full ring) 25NL you'll clear in a measly 200 table hours, 50NL will take 28 hours, 100NL 17 hours. Slowly drops to 13 table hours by the time you hit 1000NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe those numbers are accurate. At a 50NL it clears a lot slower than 4$/tablehour, very few hands are raked for 1$ or more, 100NL clears it more than twice as fast. At 1000NL this bonus clears faster than an equivalent party poker bonus. 4 tabling with almost every hand raked for 1$ you should clear 600 hands in a few hours.

wayabvpar 05-27-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously disagree with this. The Party SnGs have a perfect structure. I really don't want to play in a SnG for two hours. 45 minutes is plenty for the 30s on down and about an hour (too long actually) for the 50s on up. Any longer than that and it's snoozeville.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you looking for entertainment or profit? Or a mixture of both?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking at the Stars SnGs as I write this and I can't make heads or tails of the damn place. For example I just want to look at the 20 SnGs but they're all mixed in with everything else. You can't seperate them out like you can at Party. Also at Party I can get in four of them in less than two minutes. They don't even have four to get into at Stars. The same is true for all of their other games. They just don't have that many games.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can sort the different columns to make things easier to find. As for the number of games- I have never had to wait more than 2 or 3 minutes for any SnG under $20 to start. OTOH, my experience with Party was frustrating- clicking on table after table that APPEARED open, only to have it finally update and tell me the table was full and already playing.

[ QUOTE ]
They've also got all kinds of different formats, which in my opinion just spreads everything out too thin. Heads up, four handed, two tables, jeez. Who needs it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, having choices really sucks. ??????

[ QUOTE ]
While I'm at it there are other things I don't like about this site. The puck green color of the tables is horrible. The cards are too small. The software is choppy. The lobby window is too small.

I don't know how people can complain about Party's software. I haven't seen anything that comes close to it. Sure there are infuriating glitches, like their waiting lists are screwed up, but overall it's pleasing to the eye and they have lots and lots of games.

[/ QUOTE ]

We will have to agree to disagree here. Party's software makes my teeth itch- it looks like some cheap video poker knockoff (and works about as well). I like Stars much better. Not to mention Stars' customer service is so much better than Party's it is ridiculous.

The only thing Party has over Stars is more users. If Party keeps pissing off the bonus whores and Stars keeps offering bonuses and WSOP to n00bs and the like, that might eventually change.

Timer 05-27-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They've also got all kinds of different formats, which in my opinion just spreads everything out too thin. Heads up, four handed, two tables, jeez. Who needs it.

Yeah, having choices really sucks. ??????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make some good points in your posts. Having lots of choices is fine, but the point of my comment was that when you have too many choices and not enough traffic what you do have gets watered down too much.

To my way of thinking it would make more sense to introduce a new choice now and then after you've built up a big player base. With the player base I observed at Stars there are too many choices for too few players.

That's only my opinon, of course, and obviously many disagree with it. Different strokes for different folks.

But as long as I have the option available I like to play where you can get in games fast with lots of games to choose from, rather than having the option of playing in four or five different versions of the same kind of game, which just dilutes and spreads out the player base--sending me back to Party.

jek187 05-28-2005 04:21 PM

Hi Pokamastah,

For $.25/$.50 NLHE we use the following numbers:
Raked hands: 38%
Hands/hr: 55
55*.38 = 20.9
20.9*.$20 ~= $4.20 (I didn't input the exact numbers in the interest of simplicity.)

I assume our difference is in what % of hands are raked for $1. What percentage would you say is accurate?

sfwusc 05-28-2005 04:46 PM

I think PokerStars is rigged. So I wont play there.

I hate dang suck outs.

-SFWUSC

pokerstudAA 05-28-2005 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are sending 25 players who have never played a cash game at PokerStars to the WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never played a cash game on Pokerstars. I want to go to the WSOP. I am signing up during this promo.

When and how will these 25 seats be distributed? I know Party is running daily MTT's for player points for seats. What is the plan for the 25 new player seats at Stars???

Pokamastah 05-28-2005 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Pokamastah,

For $.25/$.50 NLHE we use the following numbers:
Raked hands: 38%
Hands/hr: 55
55*.38 = 20.9
20.9*.$20 ~= $4.20 (I didn't input the exact numbers in the interest of simplicity.)

I assume our difference is in what % of hands are raked for $1. What percentage would you say is accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, but I cleared the last bonus at 50NL and a guesstimate would be about 3000-4000 hands played for the 120$ bonus, this required 600 hands with rake of $1+. So that would make it 15-20% raked for 1$ or more.

Now I am clearing the new bonus at 100NL and have played about 6-7hrs 4 tabling and cleared slightly more than 2/3 of it which would be about 1400hands. I should clear it within 2000 hands making it 30% raked for 1$ or more. In conclusion that 38% number is clearly too high of an estimate for the 50NL tables its probably even higher than the clearing rate at 100NL.

Then again someone who has actually imported all hands played into pokertracker could give you a more accurate answer.

gasoltub 05-28-2005 10:54 PM

Do you know you must have had a play money account before 25 May to be eligible for the promo?

M.B.E. 05-29-2005 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When and how will these 25 seats be distributed? I know Party is running daily MTT's for player points for seats. What is the plan for the 25 new player seats at Stars???

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a Round One satellite beginning two hours from now (1:00 am ET). You need 10 frequent player points to enter. Details here:

http://www.pokerstars.com/2005wsop/n..._giveaway.html