Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst Movie, like ever? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391761)

Georgia Avenue 12-05-2005 12:22 PM

Re: Worst Movie, like ever?

Dom:

Actually, I really enjoyed Heaven's Gate...no-one can like Barry Lyndon and not like HG-- they're slow as hell but well-shot and nuanced.

And I'd rather put Plan 9, Ishtar, and Showgirls in the Sobadit'sgood category.

C'est la vie,

--GA

jkkkk 12-05-2005 12:23 PM

Solaris is brilliant.

Cancuk 12-05-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

I've never seen the Core...what was that about? As I said, I based the list on the other thread and some obvious choices. I am not even aware of most of the truly bad B movies that y'all are suggesting...perhaps I should collect these and make a comprehensive swede-type poll with brackets and everything in the next few days?

Or maybe I should just SCKM. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either way,

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

From IMDB

The Core:

For reasons unknown, the earth's inner core has stopped rotating, causing the planet's electromagnetic field to rapidly deteriorate. Instantly, life around the globe begins to change dramatically. In Boston, 32 people with pacemakers, all within a 10-block radius, suddenly drop dead. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge collapses, sending hundreds of people plunging to their deaths. In London's Trafalgar Square, flocks of pigeons lose their ability to navigate, flying into panicked crowds, slamming into windshields and causing drivers to lose control of their cars. And in Rome, as thousands of tourists watch helplessly, an electrical superstorm reduces the ancient Roman Colosseum to rubble. Scrambling to resolve the crisis, government and military officials call upon geophysicist Dr. Josh Keyes and a team of the world's most gifted scientists to travel into the earth's core in a subterranean craft piloted by "terranauts" Major Rebecca "Beck" Childs and Commander Robert Iverson. Their mission: Detonate a nuclear device that will reactivate the core and save the world from sure destruction.

cdxx 12-05-2005 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Solaris is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

the clooney version is sh*tty. i hate when hollywood tries to make a love story out of everything. for the love of the game was also ruined with that syndrome.

danzasmack 12-05-2005 12:29 PM

What makes a bad movie really bad is when it is so bad you can't even sit there and laugh at it. Battlefield Earth was so awful it was hillarious.

Terrible, terrible movies are ones that you can't even laugh AT - For me, the new George A. Romero movie was that bad. I really liked Night of the Living Dead, but "Land of the Dead" made we want to get rug burn on my penis.

Crveballin 12-05-2005 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Solaris is brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must like seeing George Clooney's ass. I pray your talking about another version.

drewjustdrew 12-05-2005 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Witness needs to be on this list. Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis in Amish country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Movie

Georgia Avenue 12-05-2005 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

I've never seen the Core...what was that about? As I said, I based the list on the other thread and some obvious choices. I am not even aware of most of the truly bad B movies that y'all are suggesting...perhaps I should collect these and make a comprehensive swede-type poll with brackets and everything in the next few days?

Or maybe I should just SCKM. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Either way,

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

From IMDB

The Core:

For reasons unknown, the earth's inner core has stopped rotating, causing the planet's electromagnetic field to rapidly deteriorate. Instantly, life around the globe begins to change dramatically. In Boston, 32 people with pacemakers, all within a 10-block radius, suddenly drop dead. In San Francisco, the Golden Gate Bridge collapses, sending hundreds of people plunging to their deaths. In London's Trafalgar Square, flocks of pigeons lose their ability to navigate, flying into panicked crowds, slamming into windshields and causing drivers to lose control of their cars. And in Rome, as thousands of tourists watch helplessly, an electrical superstorm reduces the ancient Roman Colosseum to rubble. Scrambling to resolve the crisis, government and military officials call upon geophysicist Dr. Josh Keyes and a team of the world's most gifted scientists to travel into the earth's core in a subterranean craft piloted by "terranauts" Major Rebecca "Beck" Childs and Commander Robert Iverson. Their mission: Detonate a nuclear device that will reactivate the core and save the world from sure destruction.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounds...yeah, really bad. Why is it always a nuke-u-lar explosion that's needed to save the earth?

I saw Day After Tomorrow last night (Tagline: This year, a sweater won't do. ) and I fully expected them to come up with some kind of plan to bomb the massive snow-tornados into submission...(*spolier: they don't do that.)

Bad movies like this are actually fun to watch with some friends...

I saw Troy last week with my sister and her boyfriend and had a great time making fun of the redonkulous accents. Why was Odysseus SCOTTISH for pete's sake?

jesusarenque 12-05-2005 12:33 PM

The Cable Guy or The Net

Cancuk 12-05-2005 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Cable Guy or The Net

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, the basketball scene alone gives the Cable Guy credit.

astroglide 12-05-2005 01:34 PM

georgia,

i haven't seen heaven's gate but it's one of my dad's favorite movies

as i understand it was the world's biggest flop at the time, a la waterworld

fyodor 12-05-2005 01:46 PM

Heaven't Gate was an excellent movie. The critics had it in for Chimino (sp?) They trashed it so bad it was pulled by the studio after opening night. They then re-edited it and chopped out about an hour.

I finally got to see the butchered release and it was great. My only complaint was that it should have been longer. Several years later they finally released the original version and it was in fact better with the extra hour.

Rating this movie bad is another example of the public jumping on the critics' bandwagon. Most critics don't have a f'n clue.

astroglide 12-05-2005 01:56 PM

yeah, i bought him the extended version (double vhs at the time) because he had talked about the movie before. he liked it better. i do want to watch it sometime.

NutzyClutz 12-05-2005 01:57 PM

sphere, waterworld,dune,leanard part 6, most of the saturday night skit to movie, and worst of all time> When Nature Calls

Yeti 12-05-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Face off- I know you have one Revolta movie on the list, but Cage and Revolta? jesus man, this one shattered the expectations of suckiness that i had come to expect from such movies as broken arrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, are you on crack? Face/Off f'ing rules.

drewjustdrew 12-05-2005 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rating this movie bad is another example of the public jumping on the critics' bandwagon. Most critics don't have a f'n clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think more people rate it poorly because it flopped, not because of critical review and not because they have actually seen it.

astroglide 12-05-2005 02:08 PM

i found face/off embarassingly bad

Yeti 12-05-2005 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, and we have you as a mod? Has the world gone mad?!

diebitter 12-05-2005 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF, and we have you as a mod? Has the world gone mad?!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you, Yeti. Fabulous film - John Woo's best English one so far, I think.

Lurkmaster Flex 12-05-2005 02:12 PM

No one has mentioned White Chicks or Boat Trip yet?

lighterjobs 12-05-2005 02:34 PM

I watched a movie about a year ago called darkness.

it was pretty much the worst movie ever.

12-05-2005 02:40 PM

how about every Crichton adaptation since Jurassic Park?

Sphere. . . brutal. Congo. . . horrible. Timeline. . . awful. I'm probably missing one or more.

diebitter 12-05-2005 02:42 PM

I quite liked 13th Warrior in a cheesy way.

swede123 12-05-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede

diebitter 12-05-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Note: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wha? Who? Wha? Are you saying 13th Warrior was made BEFORE JP?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

swede123 12-05-2005 02:51 PM

Duh, you're right. I did a quick lookup and saw Jurassic Park 3 from 2001, compared to 13th Warrior from 1999. My bad, bitter. OK, let me jump on your bandwagon and agree with your assessment, 13th Warrior kicks ass!

Swede

astroglide 12-05-2005 02:54 PM

broken arrow sucked. mi2 sucked. face/off sucked. why do people like john woo?

imported_The Vibesman 12-05-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
broken arrow sucked. mi2 sucked. face/off sucked. why do people like john woo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard Boiled, for one, which didn't suck. His Chinese movies are much better than his American fare. It doesn't help that he seems to want to work with the worst American actors, like Cruise, Cage and Travolta.

12-06-2005 12:54 AM

Both of those Fast and Furious movies, Elf, and Ocean's 12 are high on my list.

12-06-2005 12:57 AM

plan 9 from outer space...its not even close..yet its so bad its almost good.

diebitter 12-06-2005 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plan 9 from outer space...its not even close..yet its so bad its almost good.

[/ QUOTE ]

This raises an interesting point. I wouldn't consider Plan 9 the worst movie made cos it's very entertaining. I think I've watched this about 15-20 times, I like it so much. Worst means you regret pretty much every single minute you spend watching it.

highlander 2 for example I saw once, when it first came out, and I still hate it passionately today, long after I can remember much of the details (though I still remember enough, damn it!)

12-06-2005 01:39 AM

I liked Without a Paddle. I don't know what it is doing up there.

tolbiny 12-07-2005 11:24 AM

"Worst means you regret pretty much every single minute you spend watching it."

YES!!! Thisis the description of the worst movie. you can't say i laughed once or twice but the rest of the movie was absolutly awefull- its the worst movie ever. Because of this any movie with titties (unless they are horribly misshapen tities) in it is disqualified. 8 seconds of enjoyment is more than you get from the worst movie ever.
For my money the 10 mins of Moulon Rouge that i watched were the worst ever.

Action Scott 12-07-2005 11:38 AM

Primary Colors
The Horse Whisperer
The only 2 movies I"ve ever walked out on.