Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401039)

BradleyT 12-19-2005 02:31 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

It's especially bad that this was said via E-mail. I can understand getting a bit testy in person or on the phone and blurbing out something that shouldn't be said, but come on, the dude was replying to an e-mail. That's the easiest form of communitcation in the world where you can just "grin and bear it".

Synergistic Explosions 12-19-2005 02:42 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Write off the f###ing shirt and get on with your f###ing life.

12-19-2005 02:49 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
Write off the f###ing shirt and get on with your f###ing life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the thread can be closed now.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

UATrewqaz 12-19-2005 03:03 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Why am I picturing the OP dancing on the grave of the fired employee swinging the shirt over his head like a helicopter?

12-19-2005 03:07 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
Why am I picturing the OP dancing on the grave of the fired employee swinging the shirt over his head like a helicopter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice image, but one thing. You're assuming he will get his shirt.

lighterjobs 12-19-2005 03:33 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

well, if it was something like a tshirt that i would never wear i wouldn't have taken it this far in this first place. but at least you pointed out to the head guy at absolute how bad their support sucks. maybe now someone will be hired to make sure the support team actually be worth a [censored].

at least you're mark seif bobblehead doll wasn't lost somewhere in the mail.

Freudian 12-19-2005 04:04 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

It's a bloody t-shirt. How do you have the patience to even bother writing mails about it?

Reef 12-19-2005 04:33 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I would've handled the situation in the same manner as OP

MicroBob 12-19-2005 05:07 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I got a shirt and hat from AP a couple years ago.

They aren't exactly "all that".

I don't think the OP acted out of line.
But on the smaller items I just usually wait it out and let them send it to me and don't care about the delay.
I've ordered books from the Stars FPP store or UB point store and other places where the deliver was much longer than what I was originally told.
I never wrote and didn't care. I assumed it would get to me eventually...and if it never did it was just a book or a t-shirt or whatever.

Now...when it came to something like the TV that I got from Empire or the tickets for the cruise that were really late from Party...I was on them quite a bit pretty much wanting to know EXACTLY when the items would arrive.

dibbs 12-19-2005 05:39 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Got a man fired over a hanes t shirt with an ugly screenprint on it? Damn.

Granted, his stop sending emails reply was surprisingly curt and snippy.

I imagine he got a lecture instead of being fired, but I dont claim to be too well versed in how such things work.

illunious 12-19-2005 06:28 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]

Well, to start with, the CS rep lied. The USPS most certainly does do tracking numbers; I sent a package off a couple of months ago with one, and followed it until I knew it made it there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tracking is an optional thing at USPS. Expecting them to use USPS tracking on a worthless little shirt is silly.

I can't believe this thread went so long without someone saying "All this for a shirt???". I can't believe OP 1 - would want to wear an Absolute Poker shirt in public, 2 - would email support (multiple times) about it, 3 - posted this on 2+2, 4 - thinks someone needs to be fired, 5 - still wants the shirt.

MicroBob 12-19-2005 08:06 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

i agree that all this for a shirt is silly.

but OP never thought anyone should be fired for it.

Beer and Pizza 12-19-2005 08:18 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Don't assume that this guy is getting fired. When I worked in a customer service role, one of our tricks was to tell angry customers things like this to make them feel better. You feel great because you think your efforts had a big impact on the business. Meanwhile, I "fire" my friend a couple times a year and my friend "fires" me a couple times too, and you and the other angry customers stop bugging us so much.

GrannyMae 12-19-2005 09:11 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
replacement XL shirt

[/ QUOTE ]

less potato chips

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti...crazy/1293.gif

12-19-2005 09:19 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

replacement XL shirt

[/ QUOTE ]

less potato chips

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoti...crazy/1293.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

An XL hanes T-shirt will fit almost any averaged sized guy

AustinDoug 12-19-2005 10:08 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

This is too much work for a t-shirt that most people would have the good sense not to wear in public.

Adam22 12-19-2005 10:13 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

iggy, you are a dumb [censored]. this guy deserves to be fired more than anyone else on earth.

theblitz 12-19-2005 11:28 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

LOL.

Reading your post reminded me that I never received my apparel that I won on a freeroll.
Gonna e-mail them AGAIN and see what happens.

IndieMatty 12-19-2005 11:41 AM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

that is a lot of typing for a lame poker t-shirt

tonypaladino 12-19-2005 12:23 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

It doesn't really matter you can think whatever you like. I just didn't like the fact that I felt I was being blown off.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you fail to see is you weren't blown off. You were given an answer. He told you exactly that the request had been processed, sent to shipping and he couldn't give you any more information. You kept nagging and nagging after he told you he couldn't give you any more information until the guy snapped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to start with, the CS rep lied. The USPS most certainly does do tracking numbers; I sent a package off a couple of months ago with one, and followed it until I knew it made it there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only tracking is for registered mail. I don't think Absolute wants to pay an exra $7.50 for each package it sends. Delivery Confirmation is not "tracking". It offers no transit information, only confirmation point status.

</nit>

jman220 12-19-2005 12:42 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Before I totally pounce on Iggy like the rest of the thread, I would like to see a transcript of the emails that you sent to the CS rep as well. Most likely, I agree with you and everything else that has been said, this shouldn't stand (although, its a t-shirt that you shouldn't ever wear in public either). But I do want tos ee what you sent him that led up to that response.

bosoxfan 12-19-2005 12:54 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see a transcript of the emails that you sent to the CS rep as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only have the last of the 4 I sent to customer support here is the exchange:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Craig,

I am really sorry about the very late reply; after I received your email I
contacted our marketing department and got a confirmation that is was sent and
after that I emailed our shipper to find out what exactly happened but as of yet
I have not received a reply from them which is why I have been holding on
replying to you; but, I realize that this was a mistake on my part. As soon as I
find out anything I will email you back and let you know. Again, I apologize for
my lack of response to your email.

Sincerely,

Alexandra
Team Absolute ~ VIP Services
"Continuing to be the Best and Most Trusted"
VIP@AbsolutePoker.com

Refer your friends to Absolute Poker today and we’ll hand you some FREE cash.
See www.absolutepoker.com/promotionsReferAFriend.asp for more details!

pokeraz 12-19-2005 01:05 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
Don't assume that this guy is getting fired. When I worked in a customer service role, one of our tricks was to tell angry customers things like this to make them feel better. You feel great because you think your efforts had a big impact on the business. Meanwhile, I "fire" my friend a couple times a year and my friend "fires" me a couple times too, and you and the other angry customers stop bugging us so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with B&P here. I'd dollars to doughnuts the guy didn't get fired. They were tired of getting hassled over a t-shirt and decided that was the best way to placate you.

Hi, this is the 4th e-mail I have sent and have yet to receive a response. It
started as not a big deal but now I'm getting very aggravated. I simply wanted a
update on the promised T-shirt which has still not arrived.

The shirt isn't the main issue here it's the lack of a response to my e-mails.
The customer service is the strongest thing you had going for your site. I have
cashed out and will not play at your site again until you can at least give me
the courtesy of a reply to any of my 4 e-mails.

Craig

Ok, well if all the emails you sent were at that level of respect, then yeah, you did nothing wrong at all and the guy deserved to be fired.

12-19-2005 02:18 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I would have fired you for your [censored]-up at K-Mart, too.

shant 12-19-2005 02:24 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
Working at Kmart stressful? People are in Iraq fighting, getting killed everyday and you get in a shouting match at Kmart with a customer because you had too many things going on?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOLOL

WLVRYN 12-19-2005 03:04 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

that is a lot of typing for a lame poker t-shirt

At some point it becomes more than just a T-shirt. I had an issue with them a couple of months back that my ARP points werent tabulating correctly. I emailed them, posted in their forums, and emailed some more. Finally after 13 emails to the poker room manager and support and over a month, the issue was resolved. It wasnt a bunch of points (and I dont need any bobblehead dolls), but it was the fact that I was getting blown off and was getting pissed about it, so I made it a point to get those damn points. Think about it if it were more than a T-shirt (refer to Nate Dog and MyTurn2Raise's problems lately) and part of your bankroll was tied up and that jackass gave you the same reply. I'm sure you'd try to climb through your internet connection and strangle him. There's no excuse for behavior like that. That's why Toyota and Honda kick Ford and GM's ass (and why Pokerstars rules), because they care about their customers.

uncleshady 12-19-2005 03:08 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I agree with the "fire the employee to make the custoemr shut up" line. Ive fired many of my coworkers and in turn they have fired me back as well. Its a game customer service plays with people so they will leave them alone. The real test would to send andrew or whatever his name is an email from a different address with a legitimate problem and see if he replies.

Vuron00 12-19-2005 04:45 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the "fire the employee to make the custoemr shut up" line. Ive fired many of my coworkers and in turn they have fired me back as well. Its a game customer service plays with people so they will leave them alone. The real test would to send andrew or whatever his name is an email from a different address with a legitimate problem and see if he replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work for a very major company with thousands of customer service reps. If one of our reps responded like this in an email, they would be gone. It doesn't matter what the customer put in the previous emails, there is no excuse for any CSR to respond to a customer like this.

99% of our customer service is done on the phone. The CSR gets people cussing at them, threatening them, and other great things, but they are only allowed to hang up on them after warning them more than once and they better be able to prove that they did if they hang up.

Customer service reps are the only contact with a company that many customers ever have and those transactions become the basis of how customers view your company.

The guys deserved to be fired and probably was.

bwana devil 12-19-2005 05:00 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
At some point it becomes more than just a T-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh jeez you just reminded me of my war against blockbuster. about 7 years ago i rented a movie from them a returned it on time. a week later i got a postcard saying i had a late fee for the movie. i wrote a letter that day to the manager of the store and addressed it to him personally and told him the day i brought it and which employees were working that day.

(i used to work in a video store in college so i know mistakes happen.)

a few days later i called the store and asked about the charge. the employee said, "no charges on your account." i thought "oh great." and went on about my business.

at the end of the month i got a credit card bill and found out i had been charged for the late fee. yes, the store charged my credit card that's why the employee said there was no late fee. so the manager of the store not only decided to charge my account, he decided not to call me about it and ignore my letter completely.

i called the store and the manager didnt return my call after several days.

i wrote a letter to blockbuster headquarters to tell them what happened and told them to cancel my account. i wrote a letter to the better business bureau. i called the credit card company and had the charges reversed and canceled my credit card. all that over a $4 late fee. pretty stupid but it wasnt about the late fee any longer.

seven years later and i have not rented from blockbuster. btw i never even heard back from blockbuster headquaters.

bwana

pistol78 12-19-2005 05:20 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

Where does the buck stop then, Iggy? If it was no longer this guy's responsiblity, he should have pointed the OP to the right contact place to figure out what the heck was going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, he should have. When push came to shove though, the OP had no problems doing that himself. This brings me back to the whole point of throwing the guy under the bus. It just wasn't needed to nag the guy constantly after he gave you the answer, whether you liked the answer or not. EVentually, the guy cracked.

As I've said many times, I don't condone the cracking, but the OP does not have his hands clean in this whole matter.

As I said before, I knew fully well there's no winning here for me. Just be a little more respectable of the common man, especially the ones working the crap jobs. You need them a lot more than they need you.

Consider me out of this thread now...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the type of poor attitude that leads to poor Customer Service. I must respectfully disagree with your entire line here.

Customer Service is an art. YOu must be in your A game all the time. By all means it is not easy, however one must expect working CS that customers such as the OP will come every so often. For, if customers never had problems, there would never be a need for CS.

Furthermore, saying that the people working crappy jobs need us more then we need them is crap. If that was the case then why would they take a crappy job in the first place.

You are the type of CS agent that goes to work every day and expects me to feel sorry for you. NOPE. Won't happen.

I am the cutomer, KEY WORD: CUSTOMER, If you are having a bad day, I really don't care, you know why? Becasue if I am coming to you, that means that I am having an even worse day, because of your company. And since you represent that company as one of its agents you need to help me out. Not the other way around.

CS is not for every one, you need to be be able to deal with copmplaints ALL the time. If you cant then its time to look for a diffrent job.

Also, flamming the OP becasue "he got an asnwer, even if it was not the one he wanted to hear" is just plain bad.

I can't believe you have a CS job, because you are not fit for it.

RunDownHouse 12-19-2005 05:41 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

I too was promised that VIP package and never received it. My response was not to play on AP anymore.

Maybe I'll send them an email though. And a link to this thread.

Art Vandelay 12-19-2005 07:07 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
I hate seeing things like this.

While the guy obviously didn't reply to you the way you wanted, he did say he was working on things several times in emails you sent. Since it's going thru someone else to get you the shirt, what more do you think this guy could have done?

Was his reply appropriate? No, but who knows what you said in the various emails that you sent. I'm sure they have a mailbox full of things more important than multiple emails from you about a shirt.

You got someone fired because of a freakin shirt. I hope you feel good about yourself. There was no need to throw someone under a bus just to get what you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work in a tech support/customer service department. Granted this is for a medical device company so much more is at stake but if I ever even thought about telling one of our customers "stop bugging me, it won't get things done any faster" I would be canned on the spot. Whether or not the request is important in your eyes is irrelevant, you are a representative of a company and replying in that fashion is highly disrespectful and unprofessional. That clown should be canned whether it was over a tshirt or 50k.

Piers 12-19-2005 07:08 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
With all the complaints about the customer service at Absolute lately, I thought I'd share my story

[/ QUOTE ]

If he really was fired I doubt it was a first offence.

willie 12-19-2005 08:35 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

eh

dude it's a t shirt for crissakes- why you gonna fly off the handle?

i think you kinda went a bit far.

eviljeff 12-19-2005 08:55 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
It's top notch customer service like this that sets your site apart from the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

this made me lol

boscoboy 12-19-2005 09:09 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

the only fitting end to this saga will be if the CSR tracks you down and hangs you with your new t-shirt. enjoy!

Alobar 12-19-2005 10:29 PM

Re: I got someone at Absolute fired ( Microbob long)

[ QUOTE ]
My whole point was there was no need to throw someone under the bus. We've all had bad days and not a single one of us is perfect. Maybe I understand this more because I have worked many crap jobs in my life and still work them. Things aren't perfect and as much as places like to say customer service is #1, there's no way in hell you can please everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant for the life of me figure out why you are still working crappy jobs (love the plural) You obviously know whats what. You should have easily risen to the top by now.