Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Scary Bar Situation (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404123)

ethan 12-23-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Scary Bar Situation

[ QUOTE ]
Now the question is - Can I call this girl again and what do I say after wussing out like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were smooth about getting in the cab and not all panicky, then you can probably pull this off. You should suggest meeting her somewhere her boyfriend won't be, other than that your options are pretty much wide-open.

bwana devil 12-23-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he cant kill you with a knife

[/ QUOTE ]

somebody should tell nicole simpson.

bwana

RiverTheNuts 12-23-2005 04:45 PM

OJ simpson isnt 5'7 - 140
Nicole isnt 6'3 - 165

And OP was definately not sleeping...

12-23-2005 04:47 PM

8 inches of height easily makes up for 4 inches of steel.

Go for it.

FishNChips 12-23-2005 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was just sad that I was so much bigger than the guy yet I couldn't get the balls to fight him because of the knife. The thought of being gutted wasn't very appealling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the kind of thing they teach you at SC?

Ho has a boyfriend, you make out with her, he shows up, you sorta fight, he shows knife you FINALLY get a clue and leave a bad scene AND then you wonder what you could have done better? How about "no, I don't have GF, you have a BF? Oh, you do, too bad. Have a nice night." I don't give a [censored] how gorgeous she was.

You are an idiot.
Have a wonderful Christmas,
FishNChips

ethan 12-23-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call his bluff, he cant kill you with a knife, besides, its not like he had a gun, break his [censored] arm and then take it from him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no one has ever died from being stabbed. Especially in a 3rd world country. Whenever I am attacked outside of a bar and have a knife drawn on me I figure the guy is bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's fought a lot have any type of predictions? I do have a good 8 inches on him... I'm just curious - I'm now pretty confident that saving my ass was the right move even if I was a 99% sure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get into a fight with a guy who's holding a knife, he's going to win, and you're going to lose. Losing a knife fight is a very bad idea.

12-23-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was just sad that I was so much bigger than the guy yet I couldn't get the balls to fight him because of the knife. The thought of being gutted wasn't very appealling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ho has a boyfriend, you make out with her, he shows up, you sorta fight, he shows knife you FINALLY get a clue and leave a bad scene AND then you wonder what you could have done better? How about "no, I don't have GF, you have a BF? Oh, you do, too bad. Have a nice night." I don't give a [censored] how gorgeous she was.

You are an idiot.
FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

So you've never hooked up with a girl before who's had a boyfriend? Or cheated on a girlfriend?

HopeydaFish 12-23-2005 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call his bluff, he cant kill you with a knife, besides, its not like he had a gun, break his [censored] arm and then take it from him

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, no one has ever died from being stabbed. Especially in a 3rd world country. Whenever I am attacked outside of a bar and have a knife drawn on me I figure the guy is bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who's fought a lot have any type of predictions? I do have a good 8 inches on him... I'm just curious - I'm now pretty confident that saving my ass was the right move even if I was a 99% sure thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you have such a size advantage over him, you need to let him have a few courtesy stabs before you start fighting back. It's totally worth it to get stabbed over some strange chick you just met in a bar. Anything less is being a pussy.

Gunny Highway 12-23-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you've never hooked up with a girl before who's had a boyfriend? Or cheated on a girlfriend?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when I'm alone in a bar in Manilla. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bwana devil 12-23-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicole isnt 6'3 - 165

[/ QUOTE ]

still not sure why you think one man couldnt kill the other w/ a knife. there's a fight. one gets stabbed and he dies.

youre telling some randon guy on the internet youve never met you believe his fighting skills are so good he can disarm an attacker after he's already been hit and disoriented and win the fight w/out sustaining a single blow just because he's 8 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier? ok.

also youre confident no one else from the crowd is going to jump in and assist?

bwana

Vote4Pedro 12-23-2005 04:55 PM

I'd break a bottle

or

http://www.celebritybattles.com/cele.../karatekid.JPG

CollinEstes 12-23-2005 04:58 PM

Yeah I am sure that his chancing of surviving a stab wound in Manilla are really good since they have such great healthcare.

FishNChips 12-23-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an idiot.
FishNChips

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. I have never cheated on a GF or hit on a girl after knowing that she had a BF. And as a previous poster said, even if I had I would have the good sense to avoid that situation in a foreign country at a seedy bar.

Over/Under on your lifespan... 28

Best Wishes for a Happy Holiday Season,
FishNChips

12-23-2005 05:02 PM

He's 19?

I'll take the under. PM me.

FishNChips 12-23-2005 05:07 PM

Dear Yasher,

Before we establish the exact terms of this wager, I'm going to need to better understand the young man's travel plans for the next 10 years.

If OP were still debating if he should contact Jessica Alba's long lost sister I would have to adjust the over/under to "3 more days," but since he seems to have seen the error of his ways that is no longer valid.

If there were actually a way to verify his life/death I'd probably lay $5 on the over.

How about this:
what is the over/under on his banning from OOT? 3 weeks? 4 weeks?

Have a Happy and Profitable Holiday Season,
FishNChips

bad beetz 12-23-2005 05:07 PM

Easy.

When you're squared off with the dude with the knife, remove your shirt.

This will let him know that you are seriously getting ready to throw down. No one stabs you in a ring like this if you're "getting ready"

Next... and this is the key part, remove your shoes. This makes it looks like your some martial arts master, and buys you more time

finally, remove your pants and underwear. No one will stab a naked dude, it's just too weird. People will probably just slowly turn away.

12-23-2005 05:08 PM

Parliament, let me guess, this isn't the first time somebody wanted you dead, correct?

For what it's worth, leaving the scene of knife fight is always the smart thing.

roundest 12-23-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If this guy had any idea how to handle a knife, you probably would have been killed whether you knew how to fight or not. It sounds like you don't know how to fight. He would have gutted you like a pig.

RiverTheNuts 12-23-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy.

When you're squared off with the dude with the knife, remove your shirt.

This will let him know that you are seriously getting ready to throw down. No one stabs you in a ring like this if you're "getting ready"

Next... and this is the key part, remove your shoes. This makes it looks like your some martial arts master, and buys you more time

finally, remove your pants and underwear. No one will stab a naked dude, it's just too weird. People will probably just slowly turn away.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD... GENIUS

BCPVP 12-23-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would never fight a Filipino holding a knife unless I wanted to commit suicide. Kali/Escrima/Arnis comes from the Philipines, so they practically invented knife fighting. Your height doesn't mean [censored].

Alobar 12-23-2005 05:14 PM

hahah, best advice of the thread

12-23-2005 05:14 PM

Tai-Kwan Do or whatever comes from some part of Asia but it doesn't mean everyone in Asia knows it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You're correct though - Running away was the best move. I just hope there are other Jessica Alba look alikes without boyfriends out there.

roundest 12-23-2005 05:17 PM

When he pulls the knife, tell him you'll fight him but you need to go over the rules first. When he says there are no rules in a knife fight, kick him in the balls as hard as you can and say, "Well, if there aint' going to be any rules, let's get the fight started. Someone count. 1,2,3 go." After your new girlfriend yells out, "1,2,3, go!", knock him out with a doublefisted roundhouse punch.

Gunny Highway 12-23-2005 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would never fight a Filipino holding a knife unless I wanted to commit suicide. Kali/Escrima/Arnis comes from the Philipines, so they practically invented knife fighting. Your height doesn't mean [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't fight anyone with a knife unless I had to. By the way, last time I was in the PI all they were doing was shooting at us. They couldn't shoot worth [censored].

BCPVP 12-23-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tai-Kwan Do or whatever comes from some part of Asia but it doesn't mean everyone in Asia knows it

[/ QUOTE ]
It's Tae Kwon Do and it's from Korea. And for your own health, when having knives pulled on you in the Phillipines, assume they know a little something.

MonkeeMan 12-23-2005 05:35 PM

Calmly state "never bring a knife to a gun fight" as you pull your 9mm out and fire a warning shot to his knee cap. Walk back in the bar and order a flaming 151. Leave a nice tip.

12-23-2005 05:56 PM

I tried to get a flaming 151 earlier from that bar but they didn't have it.. The strongest drink they had was BOMBAY SAPHIRE...

12-23-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tried to get a flaming 151 earlier from that bar but they didn't have it.. The strongest drink they had was BOMBAY SAPHIRE...

[/ QUOTE ]

People who run away from knife fights don't drink 151...

Duke 12-23-2005 06:14 PM

I think it depends if you're Guile or Ryu.

Guile: do the statue of liberty thing and he won't be able to touch you. Eventually he'll go away.

Ryu: throw him, since your throw creates distance and then you can run.

~D

hhughes 12-23-2005 06:15 PM

Very Butch(Cassidy)

hhughes 12-23-2005 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You plan to call her again? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

That really was the funniest part of this whole thing. OP, please realize that if you call her again to get together, her boyfriend will probably show up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go loaded heavy or dont go at all....

shaniac 12-23-2005 06:47 PM

My advise would be try to find a to diffuse the situation and bail out.

Looking forward to reading this thread though!

12-23-2005 06:51 PM

Step 1: Take the knofe away from said lunatic.

Step 2: SIIHP or as you would say "Take his anal v-card"

Step 3: Write the trip report

LLL

mostsmooth 12-23-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicole isnt 6'3 - 165

[/ QUOTE ]
are you implying nicole was sleeping when she was murdered?

trevor 12-23-2005 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
butterfly knife and loads it up

[/ QUOTE ]

How big a knife are we talking here?

bwana devil 12-23-2005 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nicole isnt 6'3 - 165

[/ QUOTE ]
are you implying nicole was sleeping when she was murdered?

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just going to let that one go since it would be wierd hijack to get into that. but yeah, seems like that's what he's implying.

bwana

EliteNinja 12-23-2005 10:04 PM

Best thing to do is bail in that situation.
You're alone. He may have backup on top of having a knife.
You have no buddies to back you up.

First thing you learn in ninja school is that an unarmed expert at martial arts is still at a 2-to-1 disadvantage to a random dude with a knife.

But if you're trapped, go for the ol' broken beer bottle trick. Or do a flying roundhouse kick to his head.

Ulysses 12-23-2005 10:14 PM

beetz: The "take shirt off" move in that spot is pretty money indeed.

Parliament: Did you happen to have a machete or bowie knife or similar weapon on you at the time? If so, you should have said "That's not a knife! <pull out yours> THAT'S a knife!"

12-23-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or do a flying roundhouse kick to his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is as flexible as I am, the best he can do is a flying roundhouse kick to the hips. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: I just hurt myself trying to kick a little higher. Damn you, OOT!

Eurotrash 12-23-2005 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nicole isnt 6'3 - 165

[/ QUOTE ]

this is beyond stupid. you're implying that because OP is a skinny guy who happens to be taller than his assailant that he can't get stabbed to death in the fight?