Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   2/4 games with a 10% up to $4 rake (Borgata)... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=97188)

RollaJ 06-25-2004 11:30 AM

Re: 2/4 games with a 10% up to $4 rake (Borgata)...

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Mike, you can consistently kill the Borgata 2/4 and 3/6. If you've got the roll you should seriously consider 6/12 if you spot a soft game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More appropriately, you should alert the media if you spot a tough game. It's not the kind of thing you see every day.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

BTW I said the 4-8 game was good, not the dealers, not the beer, truthfully of the 2 I dont know which is worse

scrub 06-25-2004 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW I said the 4-8 game was good, not the dealers, not the bear, truthfully of the 2 I dont know which is worse

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange as this sounds, I sort of like the Trop, even now. The room is darker and quieter than the other rooms in AC, which I think makes it a much more pleasant place to sit and relax in.

I don't drink while I play, so I can't speak for the beer, and I'll admit that the dealers aren't the bets (or the worst) I've seen.

But RollaJ is right--the game is good and the limit is a great transition between the smallest games in the room and the larger small stakes games. The switch from 3/6 to 5/10 and 6/12 was the most jarring switch that I've ever made, and looking back, I think that 4/8 game would have been a great transitional game for me to play in.

scrub

chesspain 06-25-2004 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strange as this sounds, I sort of like the Trop, even now. The room is darker and quieter than the other rooms in AC, which I think makes it a much more pleasant place to sit and relax in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that means without the sense of sight you have to guess the origins of stains by smell or feel only.

scrub 06-25-2004 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess that means without the sense of sight you have to guess the origins of stains by smell or feel only.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rarely find speculating about the origins of stains to be +Emotional EV... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub

sfer 06-25-2004 11:58 AM

I've sat in bad 6/12 games there every so often. Not tough, but not good. Like 7 heads-up flops every orbit. Of course, usually one guy was seeing all of those flops...

risen 06-25-2004 12:12 PM

The only thing I ever liked about the trop is the fact that they sent over asian whores to give you massages at the table if you had the dough. Those borgata waitresses need to add that skill set. And While digressing onto the subject of Borgata waitresses, when I was there last playing 10/20 at about 3 AM, They were replaced by a Borgata Waiter. Which though similarly skimpily clad, did not please my eyes nearly as much. I had to go without hot chocolate until he rotated off. I know you have to be equal opportunity employers and all, but looking up to give a waitress a head nod for service and being met instead by the steely gaze of a dude in a tight fitting shirt ruins my shwerve.

scrub 06-25-2004 12:23 PM

Yeah, BorgataDude sucks.

Dawn, the very cute asian Borgata waitress actually plays in the small NL game when she finishes up some of her shifts. The game she sat in was next to my 10/20 table last time I saw her do it, and she turned what had been a terrible game into an incredibly live game in about 5 minutes. Now THAT is a skill set... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

scrub

blackaces13 06-25-2004 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know you have to be equal opportunity employers and all, but looking up to give a waitress a head nod for service and being met instead by the steely gaze of a dude in a tight fitting shirt ruins my shwerve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats's pretty funny man. I've seen the Borgata drinkman too. I bet he makes a shyteload in tips just the same as all the waitresses there must. It not like the girls working there are gonna bang you (or me) anyway.

toots 06-25-2004 12:33 PM

Drinks carrying dudes in tight fitting shirts?

Where was this again?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

scrub 06-25-2004 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drinks carrying dudes in tight fitting shirts?

Where was this again?

[/ QUOTE ]

The funniest thing is that he's not even an attractive or particularly built guy, which makes the tight shirt look even more comical.

scrub