Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The book is paying off. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=95773)

bunky9590 06-20-2004 12:24 PM

Re: You\'re the man Mike.

I literally spit soda out of my nose when I read this.

Classic.

Hopefully I'll be in the big 5/10 PLHE games soon. bankroll is growing.

(But i still fold spades PF from UTG unless its AKs)

Shame on me.

Gregg

ML4L 06-20-2004 01:07 PM

Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Winning a pot does not mean you "did something right."

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Explain...

ML4L

Filip 06-20-2004 01:18 PM

Re: No Way!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep reading SS. When you get broke playing that way, get

Pot limit and no limit poker by Reuben/Ciaffone.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, man! That book is a bunch of crazy talk. They give situations where they say it's correct to fold SPADES before the flop.

Playing like Brunson is more fun. And didn't you read ML4L's post on why you should be loose-aggressive...?

And in case you didn't notice, I DID win the pot, didn't I? Must have done something right...

RustyRussel

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you log on with the wrong user to make this reply?

jakeoneil 06-20-2004 03:42 PM

What the hell, ML4L/RustyRussel. Have a split personality problem do we?

But despite Rusty's terrible play preflop, postflop he was the favorite to win.

2283 06-20-2004 04:25 PM

dude, go down to radio shack and get yourself a sarcasm detector. i hear they're only running around 20 bucks now.

MrBlini 06-20-2004 05:40 PM

Re: The book is paying off.

Good play on the flop, but you wasted most of $4 preflop.

I'd say more, but I want to get my reply in before someone else says exactly what I'm thinking.

SkippingGoat 06-20-2004 06:26 PM

I'm not sure whether you were responding to me or Rusty. In any event, I don't advocate SS, especially at low limits, but was simply pointing out that the hand wasn't played consistenly with it.

YoungPoker2 06-20-2004 06:27 PM

Re: Huh?

If you play K2s, I doubt you will win even 1 out of 10 hands. That's a horrible hand to play, and you won't always get that lucky, especially in NL. What happens when the flop is a Rainbow KQ4? Your pair of Kings is probably the worst off made hand on the flop with your 2 kicker.

ML4L 06-20-2004 06:54 PM

Re: Huh?

[ QUOTE ]
If you play K2s, I doubt you will win even 1 out of 10 hands. That's a horrible hand to play, and you won't always get that lucky, especially in NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm now 1 for 1 with that hand, which is a 100% success rate. That would mean I should go 10 for 10, not 1 for 10... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
What happens when the flop is a Rainbow KQ4? Your pair of Kings is probably the worst off made hand on the flop with your 2 kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had KING-HIGH on the flop here and still won... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe someone else can explain this stuff better...

ML4L

charlin 06-20-2004 08:10 PM

i want this guy in my game!