Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   10-20 at borgata. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=92967)

afish 06-09-2004 11:32 PM

Re: 10-20 at borgata.

Since no one is giving you a serious answer, I will.

You have seven outs to a full house. You are getting an immediate 10.5:1 on the flop call, and you are only a 5.7:1 dog to fill up on the turn. Even if you don't hit a full house on the turn, you'll pick up three more outs for the river. Go into check call mode. If another diamond doesn't fall, I'd probably even be tempted to call a river bet.

To the other posters: Constuctive comments are what makes this forum work.

pudley4 06-09-2004 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the other posters: Constuctive comments are what makes this forum work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Accepting them is also necessary. You must have missed his previous posts.

scalafab 06-09-2004 11:48 PM

Thank you.Thats what I did exacly.I did put the strong player in AA,KK or AQ.So I called.The turn was a black rag.I checked, UTG did bet, the strong player called, I called. River its As I checked, UTG checked the strong player checked.I did show my two sixes ,UTG mock the hand,and the strong player showed me QQ.
Again thank you for your reply

Joe Tall 06-10-2004 12:38 AM

Constuctive comments are what makes this forum work

My reply was very constructive. I feel it's good advice.

Peace,
Joe Tall

The Ram 06-10-2004 01:03 AM

I'm with Joe. Seriously, and I mean this as nicely as possible, it's better to learn at low limits. If you're asking these questions and trying to improve, it's easier to learn at games where people are AWFUL and even if you're average you can be ahead.
As you move up in limits, the games get tougher. So, if you're having trouble with 10/20 decisions, it might be better to get yourself grounded in the fundamentals at a lower limit.
Sorry Joe if that's not what you meant, but I really am assuming it was.

Ulysses 06-10-2004 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you.Thats what I did exacly.I did put the strong player in AA,KK or AQ.So I called.The turn was a black rag.I checked, UTG did bet, the strong player called, I called. River its As I checked, UTG checked the strong player checked.I did show my two sixes ,UTG mock the hand,and the strong player showed me QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty sweet post, because it is indeed pretty challenging to tell which of the three of you is the worst player.

risen 06-10-2004 06:27 AM

Oh boy, only 3 more days until I too can get a library of 10-20 Borgata hands to post and get roundly mocked for. Huzzah huzzah.

scalafab 06-10-2004 10:53 AM

Here is a good advice.F... off.

Ulysses 06-10-2004 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a good advice.F... off.

[/ QUOTE ]

You rule. At both life and poker. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, especially not Clark.

Nate tha' Great 06-10-2004 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again thank you for your reply

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about Joe. He's just mad because he found out that Larry Bird is white.