Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party - free set of poker chips - for real? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=87189)

Poker Jet 05-19-2004 04:58 PM

Re: Party - free set of poker chips - for real?

Aztec is a Prima skin, yes.

ZeeJustin 05-19-2004 05:08 PM

The chips are valued at only $70. It is not unheard of for affiliates to pay people more than this to sign up under them.

fluff 05-19-2004 05:09 PM

Just as an FYI, identical sets to those generally sell for $40 on Ebay, and ships for about $20 to the continental US.

So retail value of the thing is about $60.

Dingo Puppet 05-19-2004 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To me, it looks like an affiliate trying to scam people to sign up through him. It also seems to me that you'd be better off to find an affiliate who's willing to give you 15% or more for a rake rebate - you'd get more than enough money back from that to buy the set yourself if you play any decent amount of online poker.

Patrick

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to the site and it says under the frequent flopper program that is coming soon that they will give a rake rebate back to everyone.

Nice site actually volunteering givebacks is rare for an affiliate.

namknils 05-19-2004 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out the poll on the home page in the upper right on wins/losses. It actually looks like some people voted honestly.

Orange

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I thought the same thing. I was pretty excited to be in the top 20 or so percent who said over $1,000. Here that means crap [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img].

myeh818 05-19-2004 08:04 PM

FYI - I signed up with them about a month ago and got the free chips. Back then it was just a $50 deposit with no raked hand requirement. Eitehr way, it was a great deal. I got my chips about 10 days after I signed up and I love them. I didn't realize they added Aztec, I might have to check that out. Has anyone actually played there? I have anohter Prima account on Royal Vegas. I guess it's about the same?

Pretzel 05-20-2004 01:41 AM

I have played a decent amount on Aztec lately because they have been sending me some great reload bonus offers lately.
They are a prima skin and have probably the slowest cashouts on the internet. It takes about 5 days before they even acknowledge that you have made a cashout, and then it is another 2-3 days before the money hits neteller. Also on your first cashout they will ask you to fax in your driver's licence and credit card (at least they did for me).
If you are willing to put up with all this is is otherwise the same as gaming club as far as i can tell. And I have gotten a ton of great bonus offers lately, though those only seem to go to certain people.

Pretzel

myeh818 05-20-2004 08:40 AM

To be honest, I think I’m going to take the plunge with Aztec to get the free chips from Poker Source Online again, but in your opinion is it worth it? I mean, when I cashed some money out of Party Poker it took seconds. Is this normal form all the other rooms? I just joined Royal Vegas this week, so I don’t know how their cash out is going to be. I kind of feel like joining too many poker rooms is like having too many credit cards. I guess I can close my Royal Vegas account, after all, with the deposit bonus and winning a few tournaments I am actually up!

Thanks for the info!

mersilis 05-20-2004 09:49 AM

JTrout, is the offer you mention through vegaspokertrip?

I ask because it's been 4 business days since I signed up for Pacific through them, and I've yet to receive confirmation from them re: my registration. I'm not going to play much at Pacific anyway (I'll just play some MTTs with the bonus to see if it's worth my time to burn it off), but I would like the chip set I was promised. If it's through them, how long did you have to wait for confirmation and then for shipping?

steeser 05-20-2004 11:18 AM

I actually signed up through him as well and haven't received the confirmation. I played some and cashout and won't be playing again until I receive the chips.