Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How did I do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=80243)

J.A.Sucker 04-16-2004 12:11 PM

Re: How did I do?

If you're going to ridicule this guy, avoid the showers. I'll let others elaborate.

mike l. 04-16-2004 12:11 PM

between the posts of you at the gym teasing fat guys and you scoring girls w/ your bros in hermosa beach you sound like a serious closet homosexual.

Ulysses 04-16-2004 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are completely wrong. Being that he's fat, he's also slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

As explained on p. 146 of WOFAL, this is a common misconception.

[ QUOTE ]
JV, while a tool, isn't fat, so this guy can't catch him.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is quite risky for tools to attempt advanced plays as you describe.

[ QUOTE ]
Played correctly, you can get him to chase you around the gym while you bob, weave, and taunt him, until he finally collapses from exhaustion. You guys need to learn to become multidimensional players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than multidimensional, this is really just "fancy play syndrome" and should be avoided. I will let others elaborate.

PS: The phrase "loading up 100's" as used in the initial post is hilarious. Do you see why?

nykenny 04-16-2004 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rather than multidimensional, this is really just "fancy play syndrome" and should be avoided. I will let others elaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would simply be at 8 gyms at the same time and let the fatass' mistakes amplify 8 times as fast. my expected rate should be somewhere around 1BB/gym/hr (BB = bad beating).

also by the way, i would probably be able to get fatass on tilt before i go on the inevitable tilt myself...

oh,

[ QUOTE ]
PS: The phrase "loading up 100's" as used in the initial post is hilarious. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
even though common sense tells me this is a bad play, you sound very proud of it, so i guess you won? and are you ever going to post the times where you were behind the whole time?

Bartholow 04-16-2004 02:09 PM

It bothers me that this gets more replies than some actual interesting questions. I thought you were better than this JV [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Though I guess you are keeping with your mantra of not spewing back S&M book plays which is good.

J_V 04-17-2004 04:36 AM

Anyway I could've worked in the good-girl bad-girl machine into my retort? If I get that in, he's certainly one upped.

J_V 04-17-2004 04:42 AM

I'm all for using S&M as the guiding core of knowledge. If it weren't for their books I'd still be taking AJ to my grave, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna stand idly by and let some 1-2er quote S&M to me.

Unfortunately, I think it's unavoidable. As even I was once a young tadpole quoting S&M to 3-bet-brett, like I was a MFing poker genius.

J_V 04-17-2004 04:43 AM

I want it on the record that I have nothing against the spatially challenged.

Plus, he started it.

Lori 04-17-2004 03:55 PM

"Hey, small frye, haven't seen you in a while?"

"It's probably not as long as you think, this Atkins diet is real good"

Lori