Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Party Poker SnG's: Frustrating and Futile (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=77802)

Hiding 04-05-2004 10:00 PM

Re: Party Poker SnG\'s: Frustrating and Futile

This isn't a flame, just advice. If you can't beat the idiots at low levels going to higher levels is just going to destroy you. You want idiots, they are the fish. Let them call their junk and take their chips. Sure they get lucky once in a while, but more often they won't. Bad beats suck, but they happen, at any level. The only difference is that at low levels a bad beat costs you 10 bucks, at a higher level it costs you 100.

Raven70 04-06-2004 01:40 AM

Just got nailed in a PartyPoker 50 SNG -

I'm in mid position with AK off; my raise is reraised by the next player - who takes me down with a freaking 7/2 - ("but it was suited" was his response). Flop was K/2/2. Unbelievable. Punk's name was "river_mstr23"

hhughes 04-06-2004 01:43 AM

Just wanted 2 say I feel your pain...but the chasers/bad beats at low limits are part of the game. I am also in a similar situation concerning my bankroll, but play solid poker and dont become one of the aquarium denizens. It will pay off in the long run.

Tosh 04-06-2004 07:24 AM

I think he was playing the 50 because he'd lost a lot in 30's. I saw him lose a fair few.

Ben 04-06-2004 09:55 AM

What more could you ask for than someone who called your raises or re-raised with 72s?

Seriously, THINK about that. He's making the WORST possible play and got lucky this ONCE. He'll dump you his stack again and again over time.

If you're not thankful for this sort of player you don't understand poker. Go buy Theory of Poker and pay special attention to the Fundamental Thereom section.

-Ben

Prickly Pete 04-06-2004 11:00 AM

That what you get for playing that unsuited crap. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

DarkKnight 04-06-2004 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What more could you ask for than someone who called your raises or re-raised with 72s

[/ QUOTE ]
He could call with 72o

Raven70 04-06-2004 09:20 PM

"Gee Ben - I guess I should have thought of that." (cough, cough)

Of course I realize that it's dumb play such as playing 7/2 that ultimately rewards the solid player. However, I appreciate your attempt to educate me.

My perception of the point of this thread was to provide a forum for those of us that just need to vent. Do you ever have to vent from time to time? Have you ever had a bad run where no matter how solidly you play, you get lost to b.s. hands?

Again, I understand how the 7/2 player pays us off in the long run. I can still beotch about it though. I tell you what - I promise not to continue to whine about it. Okay?

BTW - why don't you spearhead a group of folks to outlaw all badbeat stories. It appears that it is your opinion that they have no therapeutic value whatsoever. I can only hope to one day have your clarity of mind.

Ben 04-06-2004 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It appears that it is your opinion that they have no therapeutic value whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my opinion.

If you want to whine start a journal.