Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   TUESDAY - Where do you stand as of right now? { O.I.C.} (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=51653)

GrinningBuddha 11-04-2003 02:28 PM

$60.12 as of 1:27 PM EST

I managed to get in my first two hours last night, so far so good.

mrbaseball 11-04-2003 02:35 PM

bored

I played about 3 or 4 times around the table yesterday and am down about 2 dollars after being up about 10.

But I hate GC software to the point where it really annoys me and I just don't have the patience to try and win $50 at .5/1 to get to 1/2 to win more to get to 2/4 etc. Plus I'm losing money in opportunity costs by playing this crap instead my normal multi Party tables.

I've got until the 23rd though right? I may try some more and then again I may not.

n1stunnor 11-04-2003 03:00 PM

$110 on to 1/2 for the 2nd time....2:00....N/M

Mike Haven 11-04-2003 03:37 PM

Re: bored

I just don't have the patience to try and win $50 at .5/1 to get to 1/2 to win more to get to 2/4 etc. Plus I'm losing money in opportunity costs by playing this crap instead my normal multi Party tables.

this is exactly the opposite of the raison d'etre of the OIC

i accept it has grown a little (?!) from the original concept, but the idea was to play the Challenge every now and then in your relaxation periods away from your normal game with the view to finding out how you coped at higher levels than usual with the psychology of thought of risking "only $50" - if it becomes a bind where you feel you are "losing money in opportunity costs by playing this crap" then either you are playing it too much or you don't feel you need or have any relaxation periods - the extra (generous but marketing-motivated) prizes that TGC has offered should be almost secondary to most of us, imo

similarly, if you build up to the $1200 or so level and decide that you feel you would rather bank your cash win than risk losing it at levels where you feel downright uncomfortable, PLEASE do so - the exercise has in fact taught you an important lesson in recognising your own comfort zones - and you are $1200 or so better off than you would have been if you hadn't gone for the "tuition"

tiltboy 11-04-2003 03:57 PM

as of midnight cst was at $40 (-$10) in .5/1 in 1 1/2 hours

jasonHoldEm 11-04-2003 03:59 PM

Excellent Post Mike

I copied it to the Rules/FAQ page.

jHE

mrbaseball 11-04-2003 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if it becomes a bind where you feel you are "losing money in opportunity costs by playing this crap" then either you are playing it too much or you don't feel you need or have any relaxation periods

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I only play about an hour or so a day. Sometimes a little more but usually not. A lot more on weekends though. Therefore if I take the time I have alloted for poker play and spend it on software I despise and at limits I find boring it seems to me to be a waste.

I'm gonna cheat instead [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Maybe it will disqualify me me? But I will play 1/2 instead of .5/1 and if I lose the 50 I'm done if I double/triple it I'll move up and up and up etc. But .5/1 with a free 50 dollars feels like play money to me and it isn't enjoyable in the least.

NoChance 11-04-2003 04:18 PM

$43.01 (down ~$7)

This may sound weird but I am using this time to tighen up my game. I realize I could be making more elsewhere but I have noticed that lately I have become a bit too loose and it has caused my BB/HR to slowly go down. I also want to take advantage of a few of the tournaments on GC for a while. I think when this short period is over and I return to Party, it will make much better.

Anyway, that is how I am choosing to look at this. Sort of a vacation of sorts. And if I lose a little then that is okay too. Better to lose at .50/1 then at my regular limit. And if I happen to win and climb the ladder and continue to go up in limits then all the better.

Gaming Club 11-04-2003 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But I hate GC software to the point where it really annoys me

[/ QUOTE ]
mr b.,

No problem, we don't expect the software to be pleasing to everyone and we also know it does need improvement in several areas.

Nonetheless, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could be more specific in your complaints. This is not because we want to debate any of your dislikes with you, but simply because we value player input where and when we can get it, and want to use it as motivation for pushing Prima on the issues that we think are development priorities.

Hopefully you'll see some benefit in this for yourself -- perhaps not immediately, but certainly in the long run. Only by taking account of as much constructive feedback as possible can we ensure that the software is designed to give players (including yourself) as much as possible of what they want, so whatever you can take the time to tell us will help immensely. Thanks in advance.

HavanaBanana 11-04-2003 04:40 PM

As of now i am at a loss of 3 cents NM