Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   10-20 online river bet - easy or dumb? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=49380)

mikelow 10-21-2003 11:18 AM

Re: Results

Great games, eh? Beats the playing the regular cardrooms.

One thing I like about online play is that the other players can't pick up my "tells." Overall, my results are better online.

Diplomat 10-21-2003 07:17 PM

Re: 10-20 online river bet - easy or dumb?

[ QUOTE ]
Glenn and I have a running joke that a 2 or a 3 on the river at Party is considered a scare card, because they always have a hand like A2 or K3s and chase with their overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Glen,

I could not help but laugh after a hand I just played on party. Made me think of this post.

UTG open-raises, one coldcaller, I three-bet with AK, button calls, raiser and caller call.

Flop is 45K. I bet all call.

Turn is 9 rainbow. I bet all call.

river is a 2. I think about your post but bet anyway. Button raises folded back to me, I call. Button has 22.

-Diplomat

Eric P 10-21-2003 08:03 PM

i play party all the time and know it's crazyness. I put on guy on 89 and the other on A2 or 45, maybe even 24

Ulysses 10-22-2003 02:15 PM

Narrowly avoided disaster

I should pay more attention to you guys w/ online experience.

Party 10/20 6-max. Idiot open-raises UTG. He has been running REALLY good. Folded to me on the button. I 3-bet w/ 88. Blinds fold.

* Dealing Flop ** : [ Jh, 3h, 6s ]

He checks. I like my hand a lot. I bet, he calls. I love my hand.

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7d ]

Check, bet, call. He could have a lot of stuff. I hope for a small card on the river. Maybe a black deuce or trey.

** Dealing River ** : [ 8c ]

OK, that'll do. Good for him if he made a straight. Check, bet, call. I win.

So, curious, I get the hand history. What did he have?

2c3c. Of course. I definitely need to quit hoping for deuces and treys on the river.

Bokonon 10-22-2003 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These 10-20 PartyPoker 6-max tables are weird. The level of play (in terms of skill, hand selection, etc.) is like the lowest of limits. The level of aggression (thin turn 3-bets, frequent river bluff raises, etc.) is like the highest of limits. Very confusing sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. A couple of questions:

1) How would you have played Q9 after the flop? Check/call the way this guy did? My guess is he put you on AK (or, at least, prayed you had AK). The guy with 77 was clearly hoping against hope . . .

2) What criteria do you use for starting hand selection? I'm voluntarily putting in $$ around 35% of the time pf. That's probably a little high on a really loose-aggressive table, though.