Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Guess my opponent's hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=45856)

zoot 09-18-2003 08:12 PM

Re: Guess my opponent\'s hand

86?

and yes i'd bet the river

BookOfIcculus 09-18-2003 08:44 PM

he has a small set that he flopped. In that case I don't like the 3bet and I wouldn't bet the river

Bandorn 09-18-2003 11:27 PM

A pair of 3s.

34TheTruth34 09-19-2003 12:16 AM

I wish I listened to "that feeling" more instead of thinking "I'd be a sissy if I didn't value bet here".

Thanks for the support. At least somebody backed me up. Sometimes you just get "that" feeling and chicken out. When he checked behind on the river, I was upset that I didn't bet.

34TheTruth34 09-19-2003 12:19 AM

C\'MON GUYS!!!

A bunch of replys and nobody has got it yet. (OK, well Huh got it) I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who didn't consider this hand. Let me add a hint and say that it would be almost impossible for him to hold the hand he held...

34TheTruth34 09-19-2003 12:21 AM

The feeling that you want to play like a sissy?

I guess I deserve that. But what can I say, sometimes you just get "that" feeling and check. I think this is normally a pretty easy value bet on the river. And when he checked behind, I felt really stupid for checking...

34TheTruth34 09-19-2003 12:22 AM

Re: Was it one of these????

Was it one of these?

Yes, congratulations...

Diplomat 09-19-2003 01:20 AM

Re: C\'MON GUYS!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Let me add a hint and say that it would be almost impossible for him to hold the hand he held...

[/ QUOTE ]

He had three cards and forgot he was playing hold'em, not crazy pinapple? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'll guess he had 85s.

-Diplomat

elindauer 09-19-2003 07:17 AM

I think he has 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and this is a Fight Club "I am Tyler Durden" story.

Schneids 09-19-2003 10:16 AM

Alright, I don't think I've seen any guesses of 76suited yet. You say the guy seemed like a reasonable player, so, from a late position with 4-5 players it's reasonable he'd play this hand. And with you leading out and 3 callers, it is reasonable that he would raise his open ended to both pump the multiway pot, and perhaps hoping to get a free card on the turn. If your play thus far was tight enough that he didn't expect you to three bet the flop and eliminate the field, I could see the possibility of him holding 76suited even more likely based on his PF raise and check of the river when he didn't make his hand.