Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   TT vs.a small army of coldcallers (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402855)

12-21-2005 06:40 PM

Re: TT vs.a small army of coldcallers

If you bet/fold the turn. what do you do on the river if he just calls your turn bet???

ackid 12-21-2005 06:48 PM

Preflop and flop are perfect.

Turn I would bet/ fold to raise.

River im check/calling if I get there.

Jake (The Snake) 12-21-2005 07:58 PM

Betting the river here would not be a Clarkmeister.

You need to have been the aggressor on the previous street.

Jake (The Snake) 12-21-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For those who like bet/folding the turn...

Is there any fear of a free shodown raise? Or a semibluff raise with (for instance) a nine and a club?

Like I said, the villain didn't seem particularly tricky, but I think these are things any good TAG will do at least once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I don't really agree that raising with those types of hands would be correct, I do see TAG's doing those kinds of plays all the time and I certainly think bet/call should be an option on the turn against some opponents.

12-21-2005 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/call the river . . .

you are probably going to lose (if he bets) but you are getting 13:1 on the river call so I'd take the risk

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn you can save a bb by folding to a raise (assuming we don't know the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is coming) . . . however after we bet if he calls . . . check/call will still be a good play 13:1 on the T high flush river

chesspain 12-22-2005 01:06 AM

Does anyone else think that the Button's hand smells like a flopped set?

Clarkmeister 12-22-2005 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting the river here would not be a Clarkmeister.

You need to have been the aggressor on the previous street.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Previous action is irrelevant.

Clarkmeister 12-22-2005 02:51 AM

Bet/folding the turn is really bad IMO.

Jake (The Snake) 12-22-2005 03:42 AM

Hmm... shows how much I know.

I could have sworn that having the lead on the previous street was a requirement, at least I'm pretty sure that is what has been preached in the forum for as long as I can remember.

I seem to remember Jason responding in a recent post that that was a requirement. Here it is.

Can anybody explain the requirements to me? I've also noticed a number of threads recently in MUSH I think that have questioned the value of the theory.

Jake (The Snake) 12-22-2005 03:58 AM

After looking through a bunch of previous posts on the subject, it seems like there is no consensus and a lot of confusion. Having the lead on the previous street is mentioned as a requirement sometimes, and sometimes it is not. There's also a lot of disagreement about other facets of the play. Interesting.