Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   the last hand of the session (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402372)

mikech 12-21-2005 01:29 AM

Re: the last hand of the session

i actually think this is a GREAT question and the answer really reveals the psychology and temperament of the respondent. those who play tighter on their last hand are--and i use this word not in a derogatory sense but just because it's the most apt and concise--nits, or nits at heart. those who raise more often in that situation have more gamble in them. i find myself doing each some percentage of the time depending on my mood, and it reflects the fact that i can be a real nit sometimes yet at other times like to gambol it up.

12-21-2005 01:32 AM

Seems pretty obvious that the only change you should make is ignore metagame affects.

Voltron87 12-21-2005 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems pretty obvious that the only change you should make is ignore metagame affects.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no, that isnt obvious

etizzle 12-21-2005 01:38 AM

i just try to make sure i dont lose 60 bbs with K2s on a KJ473 board

FoxwoodsFiend 12-21-2005 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i actually think this is a GREAT question and the answer really reveals the psychology and temperament of the respondent. those who play tighter on their last hand are--and i use this word not in a derogatory sense but just because it's the most apt and concise--nits, or nits at heart. those who raise more often in that situation have more gamble in them. i find myself doing each some percentage of the time depending on my mood, and it reflects the fact that i can be a real nit sometimes yet at other times like to gambol it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny-I just raised 37o UTG my last hand at the table...I think your hypothesis might be pretty plausilble. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

12-21-2005 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, no, that isnt obvious

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain please. Unless I'm missing something, this should be really obvious.

Typically in a hand, your concerns are maximizing profits on that specific hand and affecting your image/stack size to maximize your profits on later hands, i.e. metagame. I think it's obvious that on the last hand you're still concerned with your EV on the specific hand, but no longer have future hands to worry about.

I guess this isn't true if you play with a group of regulars a lot. Is that what you meant?

lapoker17 12-21-2005 01:53 AM

are you guys seriously discussing this?

flawless_victory 12-21-2005 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you guys seriously discussing this?

[/ QUOTE ]
dont be sad cause u only play JJ+ in this spot and mikech called u a nit.

lapoker17 12-21-2005 01:59 AM

no dude. i am a CRAZY LAG like many of our best posters.

mikech 12-21-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no dude. i am a CRAZY LAG like many of our best posters.

[/ QUOTE ]
don't be sad, lap: "i use this word not in a derogatory sense but just because it's the most apt and concise"