Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   I hate the NBA (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401961)

Hornacek 12-20-2005 01:11 PM

Re: I hate the NBA

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why is Heat-Lakers going to be a bad game? Aren't both teams over .500? Three of the best players in the league on the court at the same time. Riley vs. Jackson?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone that thinks the Lakers have a shot at winning this game, I'll lay 3:2 odds on the Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]aw shucks, you just proved me wrong with your intense rebuttal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just stating my opinion. That game is gonna be bo-ring. It's just pure marketing... you have a feud between two of the stars of the league, despite being on teams with middling records.

On the other hand, you have a rematch of last year's seven game Finals, arguably the best PF ever, and two teams that are very likely going to win 65+ games each. Sure, some people might say the Pistons lack the star power and the Spurs play boring, but if boring, star-less basketball ensures a great chance at a title, I'll take it any day over feuding prima donnas that cripple their organization with horrid shot selection and monstrous contracts.

kyro 12-20-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why is Heat-Lakers going to be a bad game? Aren't both teams over .500? Three of the best players in the league on the court at the same time. Riley vs. Jackson?

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone that thinks the Lakers have a shot at winning this game, I'll lay 3:2 odds on the Heat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just stating my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion was that the Lakers have no chance to win but are about a 40% to win (or at least those are the odds you're offering). That is the wildest contradiction I've read in...well, a couple hours or so.

James282 12-20-2005 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, New Years pretty much sucks as a holiday and most of the other bowls suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have got to be kidding me. New Years is an awesome holiday - it psyches all those pussies who can't normally have fun into letting their hair down and living a little.
-James

Wes ManTooth 12-20-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, New Years pretty much sucks as a holiday ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Not liking new years is like not liking alcohol.

ThaSaltCracka 12-20-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, New Years pretty much sucks as a holiday and most of the other bowls suck.

[/ QUOTE ]wtf.????

New years Eve is my birthday, you muther [censored].

Hornacek 12-20-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just stating my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opinion was that the Lakers have no chance to win but are about a 40% to win (or at least those are the odds you're offering). That is the wildest contradiction I've read in...well, a couple hours or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said if anyone thinks they can win, I'll give them 3:2. When did I say they have no shot? Sure, Kobe can jack up 50 shots, and maybe he'll have a good day and they'll win. Work on reading comprehension please.

Its just not a very exciting game for me. Zzzzzzz at Shaq and Kobe... that's so last year.

ThaSaltCracka 12-20-2005 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its just not a very exciting game for me

[/ QUOTE ] cool, you represent like .000001% of the population or something.

Hornacek 12-20-2005 05:31 PM

w0rd. go pistons.

ThaSaltCracka 12-20-2005 05:35 PM

yeah, that will be the better game.

Hornacek 12-20-2005 05:41 PM

I just hope Ginobili will be ready to go... otherwise we won't see an accurate sneak preview of the Finals. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]