Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA no reads (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401264)

tripp0807 12-19-2005 03:30 PM

Re: AA no reads

Insta call and see flush draw and/or JT. You're going without a read here, which means you default to a "standard play read" on 25NL. People with a PP miniraise at this level.

You get stacked, you get stacked. A set probably would have just flat called - slowplaying sets is another default at this level.

4_2_it 12-19-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, it's a standard call here ? I was not sure

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's standard unless the stacks are extremely deep. Most of us make that call and lose our stacks no matter what we say on this forum.

Peter Olley 12-19-2005 03:47 PM

Odds are too good to do otherwise.Especially in a cash game. The worst that happens is you reload.There are only 2 out of the many possibilities with this flop that have you in trouble, that is not enough to fold on.

12-19-2005 06:15 PM

KK,QQ,JJ are not an option, due to Villian's preflop behaviour.

TT is not an option, because Villian saw OP raise preflop and continuation bet into a large field, meaning there is a very good chance that TT will not stand up. The average $25NL player is under-aggressive, not over-aggressive.

The average $25NL player is there for a reason. Their postflop play is not very good. You'll see tons of guys call allin's on the flop with a flush or straight draw, but not make the allin.

Personally, I think the guys that have posted so far have given the standard $25NL player too much credit. They tend to be overly loose, yes. But they also tend to be overly passive. To check raise allin with a flush or straight draw shows A) an understanding of the real odds of making his draw and B) fold equity. This is a level of play your standard $25 NL player simply does not have.

So your average $25 player is a passive one, meaning he's only going to be playing like this with a made hand. (Sets, 98s) The only draw the average passive $25 player would consider this play on is J10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and 67[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which case you're not looking good either way.

I fold.

Opinions on this logic? (agree or disagree?)

12-19-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TT is not an option, because Villian saw OP raise preflop and continuation bet into a large field, meaning there is a very good chance that TT will not stand up. The average $25NL player is under-aggressive, not over-aggressive.

The average $25NL player is there for a reason. Their postflop play is not very good. You'll see tons of guys call allin's on the flop with a flush or straight draw, but not make the allin.

Personally, I think the guys that have posted so far have given the standard $25NL player too much credit. They tend to be overly loose, yes. But they also tend to be overly passive. To check raise allin with a flush or straight draw shows A) an understanding of the real odds of making his draw and B) fold equity. This is a level of play your standard $25 NL player simply does not have.

So your average $25 player is a passive one, meaning he's only going to be playing like this with a made hand. (Sets, 98s) The only draw the average passive $25 player would consider this play on is J10[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and 67[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], in which case you're not looking good either way.

I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Makes great sense, but I would agree with the others and say I would still probably call, especially in the 30 seconds or so you have to act.

leehrat 12-19-2005 06:52 PM

i see TONS of clowns at this level go all in just with top pair. i would call 100% of the time

Finite_Risk 12-19-2005 06:54 PM

I dont disagree, but at this level I have seen this move more because people think on this flop you just missed with overs and can blow you off your hand with a big CR

Godfather80 12-19-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an excellent post. 25NL players are generally very passive, at least in my experience. This only emphasizes why reads are so important. Without reads, I probably fold as well. 25NL players are most often true blue post-flop.

12-19-2005 09:00 PM

My 30 second logic for a $25 NL game.

Any raise of a pre-flop raise and continuation bet is saying "I can beat TPTK". Since he didn't open the betting, there's no KK, QQ, JJ.

Leaving TT, 2 pair, or sets.

I fold.

Maulik 12-19-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Third hand at the table, no reads at all. Comments on all streets please, thank you.

No-Limit Hold'em, $.25 BB (5 handed) converter

MP ($19.10)
Hero ($25.40)
SB ($13.45)
BB ($51.15)
UTG ($22.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.35</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $1.10, UTG calls $1.10, MP calls $1.10.

Flop: ($5.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, MP is all-in HERO ?

[/ QUOTE ]

PF: $1.5 is my standard open. $.50/limper. $2.5 PF.

Flop: I'm definately calling, too many players someone makes that move with a straight draw or flush draw.