Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Curtains ITM (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400142)

The Yugoslavian 12-17-2005 04:38 AM

Re: Curtains ITM

well ok....minraise is ok....so is limp..i mean.....like only big mistake is allin, right?

Ok....so this isn't a very interesting hand really....I mean...you have AA...any play is +EV....only pushing is huge outrage.

Sometimes world CHAMPS limp too....

Yugoslav

ilya 12-17-2005 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well ok....minraise is ok....so is limp..i mean.....like only big mistake is allin, right?

Ok....so this isn't a very interesting hand really....I mean...you have AA...any play is +EV....only pushing is huge outrage.

Sometimes world CHAMPS limp too....

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec, you really think pushing is terrible irrespective of opponent? I push AA ITM all the time...

SuitedSixes 12-17-2005 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this some inside joke that I dont understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke. It just seems like everyone in the world makes a min-raise with AA ITM. It is almost transparent to see someone going from 3X raises or pushes to min-raise.

I like your play, it is refreshingly different especially as 3rd in chips.

The Yugoslavian 12-17-2005 04:43 AM

ilya,

ok...so like....pushing AA is fine too....but big mistake b/c u have AA....u dont need to increase shania here....u need to CRUSH....

I mean.....obv all moves are +EV....but only push if i'm v confused and have 235612351235 tables going on and my b/f is whining about a puppy dog i have to buy him. being world CHAMP of laundry is so difficult and rigged.

But fine, pushing is good too.

Yugoslav

curtains 12-17-2005 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this some inside joke that I dont understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke. It just seems like everyone in the world makes a min-raise with AA ITM. It is almost transparent to see someone going from 3X raises or pushes to min-raise.

I like your play, it is refreshingly different especially as 3rd in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that this was the first hand of ITM, its not like Id been raising this guy every hand and then suddenly decide to call. At least Im pretty sure it was the first hand, which is most likely time for me to do this since there is no reason they should have developed some idea that I won't.

microbet 12-17-2005 04:55 AM

I usually raise and often push AA, but I minraise or even limp a fair amount too. It works a lot and you usually beat K4o.

curtains 12-17-2005 04:58 AM

of course against some opponents, pushing is the only reasonable move.

SuitedSixes 12-17-2005 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Note that this was the first hand of ITM, its not like Id been raising this guy every hand and then suddenly decide to call. At least Im pretty sure it was the first hand, which is most likely time for me to do this since there is no reason they should have developed some idea that I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the 1st hand of ITM I actually like the shove. I don't know at the $215s, but at the $55s, mini-steps and below a shove right after the bubble bursts by shorty is pretty likely to get a call . . . which wouldn't have done you any good here . . . but still.

curtains 12-17-2005 05:02 AM

I think he would have called...at least good chances IMO.

Roman 12-17-2005 05:48 AM

I dont see any benefit to post this, totally read dependent.