Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   ($55) I hate JJ (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400100)

Mr_J 12-17-2005 03:30 AM

Re: ($55) I hate JJ

I couldn't fold these here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Generally if I play something in EP it's for a raise, usually 125 at 25/50. Whether I call or not would depend on my read of the player of course, or even just my intuition. I don't actually like limping, but it couldn't be that bad on at a passive table.

curtains 12-17-2005 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise to 125 instead of 150 but in any case the reraise to 375 is especially dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's magical about the 25chip difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeps the pot a bit smaller for when you have to play postflop. It's not a huge difference, but since the raise is a greater % of the stacks, it doesnt have to be as big.

Hey, something I agree with curtains on.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come so many people are so excited to disagree with me about all topics. First suitedsixes, now you!

bones 12-17-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How come so many people are so excited to disagree with me about all topics. First suitedsixes, now you!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lack of sex makes both of us generally disagreeable. Start praising Latina women and this will certainly change.

12-17-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise to 125 instead of 150 but in any case the reraise to 375 is especially dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's magical about the 25chip difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keeps the pot a bit smaller for when you have to play postflop. It's not a huge difference, but since the raise is a greater % of the stacks, it doesnt have to be as big.

Hey, something I agree with curtains on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... I think most ppl agree with you.

curtains 12-17-2005 03:59 AM

no, but some people like to talk about how they disagree with almost everything I say. Makes me cry sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

12-17-2005 04:03 AM

I disagree with that too.

SuitedSixes 12-17-2005 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agreed with you earlier this week and I agree with you here. Make it 125 and fold to the re-raise. What kind of range are we putting the villain on that we can beat without a J on the flop?

curtains 12-17-2005 04:36 AM

Yes Im referring to your earlier post from a long time ago where you stated "I don't believe Ive ever agreed with one thing curtains has said!"

I never said you didnt learn the error of your ways.

Roman 12-17-2005 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

no, but some people like to talk about how they disagree with almost everything I say. Makes me cry sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how are those people not broke right now? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

12-17-2005 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't fold these here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Generally if I play something in EP it's for a raise, usually 125 at 25/50. Whether I call or not would depend on my read of the player of course, or even just my intuition. I don't actually like limping, but it couldn't be that bad on at a passive table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, limping on a passive table isn't bad at all.

P.S. usually I agree with curtains. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]