Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   K9 in SB, crazyhuge pot that made me nauseatingly uncomfortable. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398830)

waffle 12-15-2005 08:18 AM

Re:sults

WHAT.
THE.
[censored].

please pm me villians screennames, i want to see if i recognize them

Peter Harris 12-15-2005 08:20 AM

you mean "well worst play of the weak" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] EDIT: that was meant to say 'week' but i like it as it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

crazy man. I would have puked over my keyboard seeing that SD if i'd have folded the turn.

POKhER 12-15-2005 08:39 AM

you got 13:2 7:1 if you include rake or so.

Worst call ever?

2 k's,
3 9's

Say you have T out too. Man thats so marginal.

If i was CO i'd be so bugged!

$116 pot right?

Im sure you didn't think you we're ahead of CO then did you?

preflop
Would you have called if CO raised his QJ(button calls, hes got an awesome hand [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]) 4:1.5 or so i believe?

ErrantNight 12-15-2005 08:46 AM

Re: K9 in SB, crazyhuge pot that made me nauseatingly uncomfortable.

i think folding to the turn for two bets seems like a smart idea

Peter Harris 12-15-2005 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have called if CO raised his QJ(button calls, hes got an awesome hand ) 4:1.5 or so i believe?

[/ QUOTE ]

so i was considering this while waiting for responses out earlier. If Button cold calls, and i can trust BB to call and not 3-bet i'm getting 6.5SB for 1.5SB more, which is better than 4-1. So, well, i'd call there. But given that button may not coldcall K3s, and BB is pretty laggy at the moment i'd have mucked.

Hehehhe

EDIT: as for the turn 3bet, i heard Ed Miller in my head saying "the pot is big. you want to win it now" and hit raise before my voice said "but you're f**ked and your outs suck". So...yeah. worst turn play ever.

mackthefork 12-15-2005 09:48 AM

Well the 4s were good too, no?

Mack

Peter Harris 12-15-2005 10:03 AM

sheeyat, i'd been happier seeing a 4.

Koss 12-15-2005 10:16 AM

eh, the 4's chop, so the 9 was really the money card.

When things get wacky at a table, I wait until I have a better hand. I think you'll lose a lot of money playing this way against wild opponents. At wild tables I generally make huge profits in the form of 1 or 2 big hands an hour where my big hands get paid, and try to keep pots small or just get out of the way the rest of the time.

Peter Harris 12-15-2005 10:34 AM

yeah i went nuts this hand. It was the only one that went mad like that when i was in. glad to come out alive.

12-15-2005 11:17 AM

Re: K9 in SB, crazyhuge pot that made me nauseatingly uncomfortable.

I like the flop check-raise, but even given your reads, I fold when it's two back to me on the flop.