Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   PF questions allowed? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398225)

stoxtrader 12-14-2005 12:00 PM

Re: PF questions allowed?

I would like calling better with smaller stacks. I think a raise is better as you get deeper. as a default anyway, without reads/history.

durrrr 12-14-2005 12:32 PM

after your raise you should be calling a push imo.

stoxtrader 12-14-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after your raise you should be calling a push imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is interesting. let me think about it for a bit. I think you may be right, but want to do the math on how often the pusher or 3rd player has AA/KK here, which at that point is relatively likely I think.

BobboFitos 12-14-2005 12:48 PM

this thread is sorta similar

durrrr 12-14-2005 01:32 PM

he needs to have AA > than he has any other hand other than KK in order for you to be folding here. In other words you'd need to know him really really well to fold after a push. Also i don't like preflop much.

fsuplayer 12-14-2005 05:05 PM

i agree with you on all counts in this thread.

i see people do this smaller raise with middish PP's, good aces, and even strong kings. I am in great shape, esp. with position. and esp. if he decides to represent and A or K when it hits.

edge 12-14-2005 05:26 PM

I call and look to put my stack in with a K or A. This preflop scenario doesn't really show strength. It's a button resteal of a CO steal, and neither the button nor the blind necessarily has a good hand.

12-14-2005 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and look to put my stack in with a K or A. This preflop scenario doesn't really show strength. It's a button resteal of a CO steal, and neither the button nor the blind necessarily has a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's probably a button resteal of a cutoff steal (which I agree it could be), why not re-raise preflop and fold to a preflop push like he did? By doing this you can fold weaker hands and go ahead and take down the pot. Putting your stack in on an A or K flop allows small blind to maybe catch a set, etc. etc., what hands are going to pay you off when you flop an A or K? Just curious as to your reasoning and respectfully asking (I've been beating 5T and T-20 for awhile but only recently started reading here, trying to get involved).

edge 12-14-2005 06:08 PM

Yeah, that's probably better. I just see the pot odds and can't resist calling [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KaneKungFu123 12-14-2005 07:38 PM

against unknowns, i call.