Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Texas Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   No. of Outs when counting them is most applicable??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398164)

12-14-2005 11:17 AM

Re: No. of Outs when counting them is most applicable???

[ QUOTE ]

If you have AIM or MSN pm me and ill add you and should you need any quick help i can offer to help you. Ill always recommend posting on 2+2 if im unsure myself.

POKhER.

[/ QUOTE ]

MANY thanks once again POKhER, for your advice.

I appreciate the time and effort that all the people on 2+2 take to share experience and advice with others.

On reflection I think I am being a little unfair on myself when I say I am skim- reading. I am reading it in quite a bit of detail- just not re-reading each section again until it fully sinks in. Maybe I should go over each key concept chapter twice, to start with.

I have already gone through the "Starting Hands" thread on 2+2 and printed off several copies of the (latest) chart.

I am even taking SSH to work and reading bits in my lunch hour- followed by half an hour on Poker Academy on the laptop. I try to get 1 hour on the micros each night. I'm definitely staying at the lowest micros until the fundamentals at least "click". I'm in for the long haul. I don't think poker is going anywhere soon- so my view is to do my "apprenticeship" where it is cheap to make the mistakes. I want a good a solid foundation (and a lot more experience)at these levels before moving up. I'm hoping that by this time next year I will be at the $2/4 Limit games. I hope this is realistic?

Regards,
Ian

POKhER 12-14-2005 11:42 AM

2/4 in 365days playing 1hour an night, Well the jumps required are:

.02/04 > .05/.10 > .10/.20 > .25/.50 > .5/1 > 1/2 > 2/4

Assuming 10 000 minimum at each limit(less at .02/.04 and .05/.10 but more at .5/1 and 1/2).

Thats 6 moves up.

You log 1hour a night, lets say full ring thats 100 hands an hour(This makes up for when you begin 2-4tabling).

5days a week would be 260days and 100hands a day = 26 000 hands.

Needed 5k at .02/.04 = 1 Move up, 20 000 left.
Needing 5k at .05/.10 = 1 move up 15 000 left.
needing 10k at .10/.20 = 1 move up 5000 left.

Hmmm, I think you'd need to play alot more to be at 2/4 by next year.

However its difficult to factor in what BB you'll run at, If your willing to move up with 300BB bankroll, if you add in bonuses when moving up, if you 2 table... 4 table... 8 table and if you play 7days a week or 5 days etc.

I think 2/4 is probably a good aim but you may need to increase either your hours or days a week to get there.

Anyhow its not a race, and you may fly through .02/.04 and .05/.10 and .10/.20 but then hit huge downswings at .50/1 or you may bonus whore and rush to move up and be at 5/10. Who knows.

Anyhow, Good luck - PM if you want my AIM/MSN.

I'd say 2/4 can be done if you put the time in.

12-14-2005 11:53 AM

You're right about it not being a race.

I'll get MUCH more satisfaction knowing that I'm making "consistent progress" rather than any particular limit I reach.

Thanks for your AIM / MSN offer.

At present I can get 1-2 hours Mon-Fri and anywhere between 1-3 on Sat & Sun each. I read the poker books / forumm posts first thing in morning (with a coffee in bed), and last thing at night before going to sleep.

Also browse 2+2 while at work (tut tut) and play Poker Academy at lunch times.

I am conscious of burnout / overkill, but I do have lots of other things going on to break it up. I am an architect by trade (so have interesting project to get absorbed in) and a fiance. We will be looking for a new house in the new year, in preperation for a baby due in July- so poker may have to take a "little" bit of back seat at that point.

Great thing is that my fiance is FULLY supportive of poker as a past-time and (hopefully) second income in the future.

Cheers,
Ian

POKhER 12-14-2005 02:16 PM

a 2+2er i know just recently had a baby(well few months now). You can be sure with night feeds and working you won't have to much time for poker :P.

Constant progress and study is the key! I'm about to study some as i just lost $100 at $1/2 (6max) painfull.