Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Inter 20/40 Hand: How should I approach this turn and river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397895)

cartman 12-14-2005 04:02 AM

Re: Inter 20/40 Hand: How should I approach this turn and river?

I call the turn bet planning on calling one river bet, but fold immediately if UTG raises the turn. With 4 clean outs the pot would definitely be big enough to call, but I think the T outs are pretty tainted. Of course and as always I could be dead wrong.

Cartman

Victor 12-14-2005 04:15 AM

thats a good point but i hate folding aces and i like to complain when i lose.

___1___ 12-14-2005 04:17 AM

RESULTS

Well, I still can't decide whether capping the flop is best or not. Looks like everyone likes the turn call which is good.

As for the river I think it's fairly close (Dane - great point about sb not having a T b/c of his flop lead...didn't even think about that).

Anyway, final board is

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call, UTG calls.

SB - Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG - K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

___1___

Danenania 12-14-2005 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the river is a call but it's pretty close

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think the river is close at all. he will see kq and ak often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vic, I'm considering a raise not a fold.

Chris Daddy Cool 12-14-2005 05:29 AM

i think you played this hand well.

MAxx 12-14-2005 09:56 AM

I'd play it the same.

Surfbullet 12-14-2005 01:59 PM

I play it the same.

I like waiting 'till the turn to raise a non-spade. I really want to raise the river when UTG calls again on the turn, but I don't know that I can fold to a 3bet from the crazylag in such a big pot. If I could, then I think a raise is in order b/c I think we have the best hand often enough.

Surf

MAxx 12-14-2005 09:11 PM

yes, i wanted to raise the turn and fold to a 3bet at first, but when start to consider the pot size and that based on the play of the hand, and who you are up against... you would likely be folding a hand that is getting close to correct Odds to fill up.... especially thinking that the most likely hand he would have with a threebet would be a flush. I think calling the turn is right because you have presented yourself with the possibility of setting yourself up for a worse mistake by folding to the threebet.