Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   tournament Andy B river play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397292)

BTirish 12-13-2005 11:16 PM

Re: tournament Andy B river play

I don't know about that. 3 or 4 bets is just one played hand either way, most likely, unless you intend to fold on 6th or 7th for a partial bet.

I don't know if I could make this crying call. I would've raised 4th, though. These bets are way too big for proper heads up play, so I'd just get more of it in there with what is probably the better hand. I'd be a results-oriented donk to say anything like "easy call" though.

preiserone 12-13-2005 11:19 PM

Well saving that bet helped me out on my way to the win, I don't think I could have made a couple of my plays right after this without it. I'll post a couple...

Andy B 12-13-2005 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I really care for andy's sixth street play, but its hard to argue with the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an act of desperation. This was a pivotal hand, and I was just hoping he'd blink.

Michael Emery 12-13-2005 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got it in my head that he had to have 2 pair here

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I could make this crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mental notes for if I ever play in one of these:

Bully around preiserone, bully BTrish. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

benwood 12-13-2005 11:39 PM

I still think you played it well.If the other guy is a good player,too,you can't outplay him on every hand.Andy just decided that you were likely on 8's only & thought he could move you off the hand.So he put his money where his read was.Good job,Andy.

preiserone 12-13-2005 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I really care for andy's sixth street play, but its hard to argue with the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was an act of desperation. This was a pivotal hand, and I was just hoping he'd blink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I think this was a tough spot for both of us, you just played it a little better than I did.

preiserone 12-13-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bully around preiserone, bully BTrish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've gotta be a pretty low stack to not call this river, I'm not that big of a push over. I'm sure you could find a few spots to kick me around though.

BTirish 12-13-2005 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got it in my head that he had to have 2 pair here

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I could make this crying call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bully around preiserone, bully BTrish. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mental note: Emery would try to bully me. To be honest, I'd probably pay this one off myself--I'm hesitant to say "make this call" because I knew the result before I thought about the hand.

jon_1van 12-14-2005 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
with 3 bets I had no chance to win the tournament, with 4 bets I had a little room

[/ QUOTE ]

Puke.

3-6-12-24
4-8-16-32

You still have to win 3 hands (while getting AI) to win. There is pratically no difference btw 3 and 4 BB

I won the stud8 tourney after being down to 2.5 BB. Really, as long as you are alive, when you double up every hand, you can comeback SUPER quick.

jon_1van 12-14-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good hand Andy. This is how you win tourneys. Its how I won the stud8 one.