Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   value bet poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396316)

jba 12-11-2005 07:09 PM

Re: value bet poll

Bob -

I really don't care how many posts you make, but you never seem to ever reply in any other threads lately. Why is that?

PokerBob 12-11-2005 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bob -

I really don't care how many posts you make, but you never seem to ever reply in any other threads lately. Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

my advice is likely wrong.

12-11-2005 07:11 PM

Grunch.

Would he really call down with a Q? 1.4 AF tells me that is unlikely. I would love to know what your "table presence" is, IE, how much you have been betting with nothing and folding or whatever on the turn.

Barring some whacked out info that you left out, I bet this 100%.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob -

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why you should be posting.

jba 12-11-2005 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob -

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so get in some good arguments? winning a few is bound to help your confidence.

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob -

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so get in some good arguments? winning a few is bound to help your confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Replying to posts is a win/win situation. If it turns out people agree with you, you have a confidence boost. If it turns out people disagree with you, you learn from your mistakes, and hopefully plug a leak. This is way better than reading someone else's post and simply nodding your head. When you actually write down your opinions, you can actively change your habits, rather than just seeming to like what someone else has written.

LoaferGee12 12-11-2005 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob,

I think we would have heard from this villain before if he had a Q. Easy value bet.

As an aside: I know you're struggling lately, but I get the sense that this forum has become "MicroBob's personal forum" and nobody wants to say anything because you're respected and everyone feels for you. The thing is, I'm not sure it's productive. I'm a very short-term winner, so of course I have no advice for you, but I think there are others out there who'd also like to post some hands as well. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

12-11-2005 07:46 PM

fer shizzle, even on Christmas. SWEET poll results too!

stillbr 12-11-2005 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Bob,

I think we would have heard from this villain before if he had a Q. Easy value bet.

As an aside: I know you're struggling lately, but I get the sense that this forum has become "MicroBob's personal forum" and nobody wants to say anything because you're respected and everyone feels for you. The thing is, I'm not sure it's productive. I'm a very short-term winner, so of course I have no advice for you, but I think there are others out there who'd also like to post some hands as well. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob-- I like your posts. They actually add good discussion where people can learn unlike most posts. I know they help me.

ChuckyB 12-11-2005 07:54 PM

The only way I don't bet is if he's a big check-raiser...or if you believe there's no way he calls.