Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   plea for help (l/c...lock this) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395819)

Monty Cantsin 12-10-2005 11:55 PM

Re: plea for help (l/c...lock this)

Try changing your avatar.

Sorry if it seems like a stupid suggestion, but sometimes a small, symbolic gesture can be the catalyst for a shift in thinking and feeling that turns things around.

I'm rooting for you.

/mc

PokerBob 12-10-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if it seems like a stupid suggestion, but sometimes a small, symbolic gesture can be the catalyst for a shift in thinking and feeling that turns things around.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, that is why tonight i am going to go out and bang a fat girl.

jba 12-10-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am up $17 over my last 100k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? Can you post a PT stats post. I think this would be comforting to everyone on swings and i'm very curious to see it!

What stakes mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

i might post them sometime but bottom line is i have respectable wins at 5/10 6max and total slaughterhouse at 10/20 and 15/30...my bb/100 is >1 over that stretch

jba 12-10-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the ol slumpbuster, great move

12-11-2005 12:02 AM

woah. I just realized that this whole time I was confusing you with MicroBob and thus secretly taking delight in your poker struggles. Upon closer inspection, send me a block of hands and I'll review them for you.

Surfbullet 12-11-2005 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i am up $17 over my last 100k hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? Can you post a PT stats post. I think this would be comforting to everyone on swings and i'm very curious to see it!

What stakes mate?

[/ QUOTE ]

i might post them sometime but bottom line is i have respectable wins at 5/10 6max and total slaughterhouse at 10/20 and 15/30...my bb/100 is >1 over that stretch

[/ QUOTE ]

This happened to me when I first started taking shots at 10/20. Every few days i'd drop down to 5/10 and have an absolutely killer session, like +60BB in 1500 hands, then the bleeding would continue at 10/20. What resulted was a ridiculously sharp upswing over like 7k hands at 5/10, while if you filter for 10/20 only you get 14k hands, -400BB. That type of stuff can really mess with your head.

Surf

imported_leader 12-11-2005 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!

Surfbullet 12-11-2005 12:04 AM

gl Bob, you can do it.

As an honest question, how much does tilt, MUBS, etc get to you? I agree with MC that it may be time to get a new avatar, maybe a photoshopped pokerpatterns graph of an absurdly large upswing, cartoon-arrow style.

Surf

MicroBob 12-11-2005 12:09 AM

I think PBob is a better player than me so I don't think this is really 1-upping him...but I'm now down 645BB's in my last 44k hands.

I think it's something to do with the whole 'Bob' thing.

Sooner or later Bob and I will get it together again and everyone else should watch the hell out!! but for now...we're easy money.

I too find it hard to believe that Bob is actually playing a losing game.
He might be making some weak-tigher decisions due to the losing streak...but not so much so that he's playing a losing game.

I get on a table with almost all 45/10's...and lose, lose, lose!!!
I'm thinking that, unfortunately, it just goes that way sometimes.

the destruction to one's confidence is a huge factor too imo.

Some other suggestions that were given to me:
- Play some B&M low-limit just to slow-down, relax, think about the hands a little bit, change perspective.
- Play some low buy-in tourneys for less pressure, more fun, less fear of losing another 50BB's YET AGAIN. etc etc.

I think PBob is clearly doing everything he can to ask Q's and correct his flaws.

jba 12-11-2005 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gl Bob, you can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

surfbullet you are usually spot on, but this is a bit condescending.

of course Bob can bang a fat chick.