Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hand vs. ScubaChuck@33 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395673)

gildwulf 12-10-2005 10:51 PM

Re: Hand vs. ScubaChuck@33

[ QUOTE ]
You didn't mention how much time I put into thinking about whether to call or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Scuba will be using his time bank for this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

splashpot 12-10-2005 11:03 PM

Shouldn't Scuba assume that a 2+2er will push a larger range of hands? Thus making his likelihood of calling higher?

gildwulf 12-10-2005 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good push, easy call v. a 2+2er.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean I shouldn't be calling *anybody's* all-in with A4?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should... easy call v. anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not an easy call. It is definitely close.

Scuba Chuck 12-11-2005 02:51 AM

FYI, if I put you on Maniac, it's 4.4% +EV
FYI, if I put you on Loose, it's 1.5% +EV
FYI, if I put you on Average, it's -0.5% -EV

As you can see, I don't have much respect for you [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
<font color="white"> Just fcking with you, no disprect intended. </font>

Snarf 12-11-2005 02:57 AM

good post Sammy....

Call me crazy but I hadn't realized A4 was an 'easy' call. I'd almost rather call K4 than Ace four. (If we're playing high card than my king might still be good - plus more people push aces than kings - meaning a higher percentage of the time I'm NOT a 3:1 dog.)

now I kinda suck....but I was shocked to see the agreement of A4 being an easy call there.

splashpot 12-11-2005 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FYI, if I put you on Maniac, it's 4.4% +EV
FYI, if I put you on Loose, it's 1.5% +EV
FYI, if I put you on Average, it's -0.5% -EV

As you can see, I don't have much respect for you [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
<font color="white"> Just fcking with you, no disprect intended. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently you do. Since a good player would be pushing a lot of hands here.

Snarf 12-11-2005 03:02 AM

Heres a twist: If Scuba showed you his A4 .... who would still open push in the OP's position?

Bill Poker 12-11-2005 04:57 AM

If scuba folded this hand, he only had 3.5BB left, barely had much FE in the next couple hands, especially his left two were 2nd big stack and a shorty.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You should... easy call v. anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only against a maniacal pushing range is this anything but a CLEAR fold. Even if he's pushing 22+, A2s+, A3o+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs+ (ie - a wide range), this is an easy fold. Button has to be pushing 35% of hands (22+, A2+, K5o+, K2s+, Q9o+, Q8s+, J9s+) for this to be a a +0.5% call. From the button, with almost 8xBB, I don't think you can give a random opponent this wide a pushing range very often.

Perhaps, given Scuba knew his opponent was a 2+2'er, this was a marginally decent call (and I'm sure that information is why he made the call). But, absent that information, I do believe this is a fold, gentlemen.

[/ QUOTE ]