Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Correct fold? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395629)

DCWildcat 12-10-2005 05:27 PM

Re: Correct fold?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't cap PF OOP with 99

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't like there was a raise from UTG, a 3-bet from an MP player, and he capped from the SB. It's a different situation He is opening from MP3. A player on the button's 3-bet range here is wider. I think he often has the best hand, so the cap is not bad. He also keeps the initiative in the hand until he checks the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I'm changing my mind--capping isn't bad here.

12-10-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he could very possible do a 3-bet here with Axs and A10+ since I am a LP raiser and villain is actually a pretty good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Good" players at .5/1 don't iso-raise Axs preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do against a LP raise from me. Forgot to say that.

rgb 12-10-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't cap PF OOP with 99

[/ QUOTE ]
This isn't like there was a raise from UTG, a 3-bet from an MP player, and he capped from the SB. It's a different situation He is opening from MP3. A player on the button's 3-bet range here is wider. I think he often has the best hand, so the cap is not bad. He also keeps the initiative in the hand until he checks the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see what you're getting at. Good points.

rgb

ChuckyB 12-10-2005 06:15 PM

I'm not wild about capping out of position pre-flop...I probably wouldn't do it. 99 could be ahead, but how do you play it when one of the 20 overcards comes on the flop?

With capping PF, on the flop I think you have two choices...bet out or check-raise. If you get raised or 3-bet, then you can call and fold unimproved on the turn...or dump it right there.
You showed aggression pre-flop and shut it down on the flop...screaming 'I have an underpair'.

The way you played it, when you got to the turn, you had to fold.

Schwartzy61 12-10-2005 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I capped it preflop is that he could very possible do a 3-bet here with Axs and A10+ since I am a LP raiser and villain is actually a pretty good player. I check/call the flop since that A surely hit him and for just a tiny bet I get to see the turn.

If the flop was Q high, I bet out here 100% of the time. I was sure I was beat here tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why'd you call his bet. You certainly weren't getting odds to a set and you are sure enough you're beat, what's the value in a call? At least a bet may get a hand better than ours to fold and if we are raised can safely let it go...

12-10-2005 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not wild about capping out of position pre-flop...I probably wouldn't do it. 99 could be ahead, but how do you play it when one of the 20 overcards comes on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

10, J and a Q won't scare me.

But yes, I see now that a bet/fold would be better for my flop action. I dont regret the preflop cap and I wont change until someone gives me a good explanation to why I shouldn't do it.

Jaran 12-11-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The reason I capped it preflop is that he could very possible do a 3-bet here with Axs and A10+ since I am a LP raiser and villain is actually a pretty good player. I check/call the flop since that A surely hit him and for just a tiny bet I get to see the turn.

If the flop was Q high, I bet out here 100% of the time. I was sure I was beat here tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should fold. You don't have the odds to continue.

-Jaran

12-11-2005 02:15 AM

just raise-call preflop

check/fold the flop

bottomset 12-11-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he could very possible do a 3-bet here with Axs and A10+ since I am a LP raiser and villain is actually a pretty good player.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Good" players at .5/1 don't iso-raise Axs preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

you should have a fairly broad 3bet range OTB here, including Ax down to at least ATs, maybe a little lower

depends on how the MP3 tag plays I might really open up if MP3 plays weak postflop in general,