Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's this Poker Players Alliance party wants us to join? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395310)

Mempho 12-10-2005 12:02 PM

Re: kudos to party

[ QUOTE ]
If Party supports it, then you know its got to be a sham organization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have such large issues with Party that you believe that they would give $100 to players to join a sham organization that costs $15 for membership? I realize that Party does some stupid things, but come on. Really? Or are you still angry at Party for something?

Mempho 12-10-2005 12:04 PM

Re: What\'s this Poker Players Alliance party wants us to join?

If the U.S. regulates online poker and only one site relocates here, that will be the site I play at.

Timer 12-10-2005 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Party supports it, then you know its got to be a sham organization.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have such large issues with Party that you believe that they would give $100 to players to join a sham organization that costs $15 for membership? I realize that Party does some stupid things, but come on. Really? Or are you still angry at Party for something?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all they are not "giving away" anything. They lose little or no money on bonuses. Also, this makes them look good. It's just phony PR. There is no governing agency for online poker, and they know that. This makes it look like they're being scrutinized, when nothing is further from the truth. They do what they want when they want.

The only thing that is important to Party is where their next "billion" is coming from.

Shoe 12-10-2005 01:14 PM

Every organization has to start somewhere -- We need a political organization that supports poker, hopefully this will become one.

Sniper 12-10-2005 11:28 PM

Worth noting, that Firepay has added the PPA logo and link to their home page!

Pokertini 12-11-2005 02:03 PM

Does anyone have a hyperlink describing the $100 Party agrees to deposit if one becomes a member of the Alliance? I've looked over their website but cannot find any information. I'm considering joining, but I would like to get the $100.

Thanks,
Pokertini

AAAA 12-11-2005 02:34 PM

only time i have seen it was when i made another deposit.

Mempho 12-11-2005 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have a hyperlink describing the $100 Party agrees to deposit if one becomes a member of the Alliance? I've looked over their website but cannot find any information. I'm considering joining, but I would like to get the $100.

Thanks,
Pokertini

[/ QUOTE ]

I got mine...go to bonus whores for the details on how to claim it.

PrincipalSkinner 12-14-2005 10:37 AM

Has anybody found out whether or not they are going to "auto-renew" this in a year's time? Thanks

boscoboy 12-14-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the U.S. regulates online poker and only one site relocates here, that will be the site I play at.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find this funny - i trust pokerstars with my money more than i do the US govt