Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Folding QQ preflop! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394891)

PoBoy321 12-09-2005 04:30 PM

Re: Folding QQ preflop!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious. Given that QQ is only a small favorite against AK, how often do you need to see JJ-22 or Ax for this to be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you mean excluding AA/KK then how 'bout never?

You're telling me you'd fold if you somehow knew he had AK? Me confused [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is that if his hand range AA/KK/AK, it's a clear fold, because you're either slightly ahead or way behind. So my question is, how often do you have to be way ahead for this to be profitable?

Guin 12-09-2005 04:32 PM

I am sure that someone who has no reads on you isn't raising with JJ or worse... I wish someone would point me to the tables with guys like that. I am quite sure that the few reraises preflop that you will see are from AA or KK... would you have reraised preflop with QQ?

Guin

-Skeme- 12-09-2005 04:42 PM

I folded it preflop today as well. I put Villain on AKo, Aces or Kings. I was out of position as well. I don't have a problem folding it when the pot has been reraised before it gets to me.

kurto 12-09-2005 04:46 PM

"Could be any pp 88-AA or AK"

Where are you playing? lol At the $25 tables, I don't think I've seen anyone (unless its a known maniac) reraise someone from 6bb to 40bb with a pair of 8s. I have seen shortstacks push... but not someone with 80BB.

I would even say most people at those tables will call with AK. (there are exceptions of course, but I would need a read on that person since its rare.)

Without a good read, I don't mind the fold at all. If the person was shortstacked or clearly on tilt, it would be a different story.

Andrew Fletcher 12-09-2005 04:50 PM

Get your money in the pot.

Isura 12-09-2005 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm curious. Given that QQ is only a small favorite against AK, how often do you need to see JJ-22 or Ax for this to be profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done rough math calculations in the past, and I do recall that we don't need to see a bluff or JJ-22 etc very often to make a call correct. This has a lot to do with that fact that we still win about 20% of the time against AA and KK. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

wdeadwyler 12-09-2005 05:36 PM

I REALLY disagree with the consensus on this one. I just dont see villains fast playing big pairs preflop at these stakes, how many times have you been re tiny raised by a big pair, flopped a set and stacked it, or had a smaller big pair and been stacked.

This kinda raise looks alot more like please dont call me than ahahahahaha youre stack is mine.

I would move in here for sure.

PoBoy321 12-09-2005 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I REALLY disagree with the consensus on this one. I just dont see villains fast playing big pairs preflop at these stakes, how many times have you been re tiny raised by a big pair, flopped a set and stacked it, or had a smaller big pair and been stacked.

This kinda raise looks alot more like please dont call me than ahahahahaha youre stack is mine.

I would move in here for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that in general, players at this level tend to slowplay big pairs, I don't see them playing JJ or worse like this.

OT: I need to learn to drop KK pre-flop.

wdeadwyler 12-09-2005 05:58 PM

Yea, JJ isnt as likely as a hand like AQs, or 77, but I dont think his range is AA, KK, AKs (gotta include mid pairs, strong aces, and other garbage)
We are def +ev against that range

OT: Dude that was vicious last night, I donked off 3 stacks, 2 missed combo draws and one donkish bluff that you saw. And you owe me 6.5 for pizza.

4_2_it 12-09-2005 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OT: I need to learn to drop KK pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone knows that open folding KK is standard. After all, it's not like you have the pre-flop nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Isura - sorry for the hi-jack, but I could not resist.......