Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   200NL - TT - How bad did I butcher this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394528)

xorbie 12-08-2005 11:25 PM

Re: 200NL - TT - How bad did I butcher this?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without a read fold the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not serious...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is folding REALLY that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say yes.

Sephus 12-08-2005 11:25 PM

was it 55?

yvesaint 12-08-2005 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without a read fold the flop...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not serious...

[/ QUOTE ]

Is folding REALLY that bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, what do you think he has? JJ-AA? a set? 2-pair? are you folding AA here?

Sephus 12-08-2005 11:28 PM

i dont think it's so much that wooly thinks he's behind it's that he's afraid of being OOP and making a big mistake later in the hand. could be wrong though...

yvesaint 12-08-2005 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think it's so much that wooly thinks he's behind it's that he's afraid of being OOP and making a big mistake later in the hand. could be wrong though...

[/ QUOTE ]

soooo hes saying he cant play OOP on turns/rivers so he wants to fold something thats not the nuts on the flop?

weaaak

Woolygimp 12-08-2005 11:40 PM

No yves, I'm saying against someone without stats. If i had just the little smudgest of a hint of his playstyle I'd probaly play this hand and try to get a cheap SD. I can see leading/blocking all the way down as an effective way to play this hand, and fold to another raise.

Would anyone 3bet or push the flop?

12-09-2005 12:05 AM

Any ideas what the flop minraise means from an average unknown at this level? I can't figure out if that means a monster, or if he's just trying to pick off a suspected CB for cheap. I guess with no reads and no idea what he has I should just look for a cheap showdown? Isn't it a little weak to go into check/call mode and give any potential draws a chance to catch up though? The only aggression he's shown is a minraise and a 1/6 pot bet. Is that enough to assume I'm beat?

Woolygimp 12-09-2005 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only aggression he's shown is a minraise and a 1/6 pot bet. Is that enough to assume I'm beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the replies to my fold line, I'd say, "no."

Malachii 12-09-2005 12:15 AM

Your turn play completely mystifies me.

12-09-2005 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your turn play completely mystifies me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I know, it sucks. I guess what I'm trying to get at here is, is this a situation (facing a flop minraise w/ an overpair) where I should be looking for a cheap showdown, or should I be more aggressive because I'm probably ahead? I couldn't decide between the two and that craptacular turn play was the result.