Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So VY just won the Maxwell Award... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394506)

Tron 12-09-2005 02:21 AM

Re: So VY just won the Maxwell Award...

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance we see anything similar in NYC this weekend?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Heisman Trophy is supposed to go to the most talented college football player, not necessarily the most valuable, correct?

It just so happens that both of those are Reggie Bush, but it's not even close when it comes to talent. Hopefully the Heisman voters realize that.

If they don't, I'm crackin' skulls.

12-09-2005 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
USC and Texas are almost exactly even. If VY has so much of an impact on Texas, then he's a better player, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untrue. USC has a second RB that is one of the top 20 RB in CF. Texas doesn't have another top 20 QB to step in for Young.

MCS 12-09-2005 03:07 AM

I think the Heisman goes to "the outstanding player in college football," and it's up to the voter to decide what that means.

If I were voting, I'd vote for whoever I think is the best player.

Jack of Arcades 12-09-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
USC and Texas are almost exactly even. If VY has so much of an impact on Texas, then he's a better player, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Untrue. USC has a second RB that is one of the top 20 RB in CF. Texas doesn't have another top 20 QB to step in for Young.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between USC being #1 and USC being #6 is what? 2 losses? Does USC still beat Fresno, Arizona State, and Notre Dame with just LenDale White?

I mean, Reggie Bush is rushing for 2.2 ypc more than LenDale.

Jack of Arcades 12-09-2005 03:37 AM

Anyway, a follow up. I'm actually just asking a hypothetical, and let's see if my hypothesis is true.

vs ND:

Reggie 15 carries for 160 yards.
LenDale 10 carries for 26 yards.

vs. AZ St

Reggie, 17 for 158
LeNDale 19 for 197

vs. Fresno
Reggie 23 for 294
LenDale 7 for 21

Looks like White [censored] his pants in the two closest games of the year...

12-09-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The difference between USC being #1 and USC being #6 is what? 2 losses? Does USC still beat Fresno, Arizona State, and Notre Dame with just LenDale White?

I mean, Reggie Bush is rushing for 2.2 ypc more than LenDale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incliding guys who have over 1000 yards rushing, White's ypc is second in the nation to Bush. I think having the number two guy in the country as your 2nd RB is a little different than having your backup QB be someone who has thrown 12 passes in the last 3 years.

So my point remains, your incorrect when you say that Texas being worse off losing Young, means that Young is the better player.

pokerdirty 12-09-2005 03:51 AM

i think he was hurt in the FS game.

Jack of Arcades 12-09-2005 04:05 AM

Um, maybe USC having the #2 RB in terms of YPC has something to do with their OL? Just maybe?

12-09-2005 04:09 AM

It doesn't matter if its the ol or not. They still would have the number 1 guy if Bush goes down. Texas doesn't have someone similar to stick in if VY goes down. That is the only point. Bush could be the greatest RB ever but if you still would have the number 1 guy if he goes down VY isn't better his team is worse off if he goes down.

Jack of Arcades 12-09-2005 04:17 AM

Of course you're right, but I'm just being a bitch to eagleskicksass. That, and quick reply makes me post without thinking.

That said, I have trouble believeing the claim that USC would be a top 5 team without Reggie Bush. Bush more or less won those games for USC while LenDale did jack [censored].

Plus, I doubt the dropoff from VY to whoever his backup is, given a full pre-season to prepare would be *that* huge. Texas is a goldmine for talent.