Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Ideas for revenge on a bank? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393637)

12-07-2005 07:12 PM

Re: Ideas for revenge on a bank?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its called overdraft protection. Get a CC through the bank, and it will ususally automatically link. The only way to get back at a bank is to close your account.

[/ QUOTE ]

no

[/ QUOTE ]

Closing your accounts certainly is one way to do it, but for all but the smallest local banks, retail banking and demand deposits are a very small percentage of their revenues these days. And, as someone else pointed out, you're just as likely to get jobbed like this at another bank. Stop trying to play the float. You're not a currency arbitrageur.

housenuts 12-07-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is a tv show on the BBC called Hustle. it is about british con artists. there is one good one where they screw over a bank.

wait one, and i'll get you the episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, i can't seem to remember which one it was. there's only 2 seasons and it's well worth watching both of them. they are like 6 episodes each.

the one with the bank is where one of the con members is pissed off with the bank over something so they work out a lucrative investment deal with one of the finance people. the banker is extremely excited because they will get large commissions etc. just before the deal is about to go through, they pull the plug on it.

it may be season 2 episode 1, but i'm not sure.

Klepton 12-07-2005 07:19 PM

next time don't be an idiot and make sure you have enough in the bank.

btw you are an idiot.

illunious 12-07-2005 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, it sounds like your family needs to stop screwing around with your account balances. Just keep a buffer of (at least) a few hundred in there at all times, no exceptions and you won't have to worry about overdrafts.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I haven't had an overdraft since then.. and the situation with my mom seemed like it was completely unavoidable (she had done the exact same thing dozens of times before without any problems).

illunious 12-07-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have free checks or billpay?

Send tons of 1 cent payments to someone else (or another one of your accounts)!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a limit on the # of checks I can write in a month... I'll check... this would be a great idea.

Ulysses 12-07-2005 07:33 PM

ill,

This one's obvious, no?

4_2_it 12-07-2005 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very interested in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like Batman just found his Robin. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

illunious 12-07-2005 07:50 PM

El,

What's the obvious part?

holla

illunious 12-07-2005 07:54 PM

I guess I should maybe just be civilized and just write them a letter. IMO they could of done a lot more in both situations to keep their customers happy.

Edit: Google turned up a story on someone that filled his safety deposit box with dead fish. Tempting...

crovax4444 12-07-2005 08:05 PM

there was a story somewhere where some guy crashed the bank's online servers by paying off his bill in penny incraments. He managed to get the largest statement the bank has ever printed out before. I believe (he did it manually, you'll need someone to script something for you or you might as well not do it at all)

This qualifys under legal, definetelly annoying, costing the bank a few $ for the paper and ink. Won't affect lower level employees, but won't effect upper level people either.

Crovax