Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AA Line and thanks you guys! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393152)

Leptyne 12-07-2005 01:35 PM

Re: AA Line and thanks you guys!

From the tone of your post it feels like you've been looking for this spot (both of you have?). When you see this flop and get called on your CB you are ready for some action.

A lag button raise won't get a lot of respect from villain. Your flop lead and turn bet will seem weak and good lags are usually waiting for a scare card like this to move.

Villain has the same problem you do in putting his opponent on a hand. You could both have a Q or JT.

When villain calls the flop bet its kind of an invitation to "take your best shot". AA unimproved is not the hand that I would normally invite trouble with. I think you check behind on the turn to keep the pot small.

On the river I think he'll check to you again. I probably check behind here too. I'm as aggressive as you are, it just looks like a spot for good judgment.

12-07-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the tone of your post it feels like you've been looking for this spot (both of you have?). When you see this flop and get called on your CB you are ready for some action.

A lag button raise won't get a lot of respect from villain. Your flop lead and turn bet will seem weak and good lags are usually waiting for a scare card like this to move.

Villain has the same problem you do in putting his opponent on a hand. You could both have a Q or JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly my thinking. I can see him most likely making this play w/ QJ or QK, although 10J is very likely too. I think my call on his checkraise would probably indicate a hand like QK or AQ and would probably push all in on the river thinking I can't make a call with the hand. With my call, I hate to say, I think I have to call any bet he makes on the river

12-07-2005 02:52 PM

I went ahead and called his raise. River Jh. He pushed me allin for ~580. Now I called because I felt his possibility of QJ might think he's good or could be a scare card(?). Results will come in a couple hours.

RikaKazak 12-07-2005 05:08 PM

double check behind is what you're "saying." give me a break, double checking this is a JOKE vs. a lag. With the read given, I call ck raise, and put the rest in on river.

12-07-2005 09:28 PM

Results

I end up calling the turn. River is Jh and he pushes me allin for ~580. I call and he shows pocket fives for a boat.

Allinlife 12-07-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
double check behind is what you're "saying." give me a break, double checking this is a JOKE vs. a lag. With the read given, I call ck raise, and put the rest in on river.

[/ QUOTE ]
you have to realize check-near minraise is very rare bluff line...
I do agree that checking river after checking turn is horrible though...gotta bet river if checked to