Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How do i respond to a river c/r (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393138)

Koss 12-07-2005 10:01 AM

Re: How do i respond to a river c/r

Just to clear this up, I advocate the 3-bet simply because of the limit and the site. Some of the river play I have seen at party 1/2 will leave you shaking your head wondering what is going on. It wouldn't suprise me if villain has Tx or something here. Maybe this is just me coming off of a session packed full of strange play, but I have been raised on the river by bottom pair too often to make me not 3-bet here. Until I have some sort of read that this guy isn't a tard, based on the play of this hand I'm assuming I'm ahead still and throwing in another bet. 2 orbits isn't enough IMO. So I 3-bet.

Wynton 12-07-2005 10:10 AM

I vote call, expecting either to see K10 or something much worse. And considering you're new to the table, the info you gain from seeing the sd is important.

12-07-2005 12:05 PM

I agree that on Party there is a really good chance (maybe even 40%) that villain has Kx or something bizarre. Despite that, the chance that villain has either the straight or a boat is higher than the chance that he calls/caps with something weird, so I just call.

krimson 12-07-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that on Party there is a really good chance (maybe even 40%) that villain has Kx or something bizarre. Despite that, the chance that villain has either the straight or a boat is higher than the chance that he calls/caps with something weird, so I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep but only on Party right? Because party is rigged! RIGGED!!!

Sightless 12-07-2005 12:53 PM

Just in case anyone cares here is what happened in www.rot13.com

V 3org uvz, naq ur pnyyrq zr naq ghearq bire DWb naq V jnf fghaarq nf vg jnf gur ynfg unaq V rkcrpgrq naq nsgre ybfvat 80OO zber va 1/2 V zbirq onpx .5/1 sbe n jrrx be gjb.

krimson 12-07-2005 01:19 PM

Just post results in white if your going to. I'm not at all surprised with the result. Poorly done slowplay's are pretty common at those limits.

POKhER 12-07-2005 01:56 PM

Did he have KT? Im calling this. 3betting is stupid if you base your decision on the site being played at.

Folding to a 3bet sucks also, So call.

Koss 12-07-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3betting is stupid if you base your decision on the site being played at.

[/ QUOTE ]

With no reads on an individual player, I will play hands much differently at Party 1/2 than I will at Ultimate Bet 1/2. The average player at both sites are so different that you have to make different decision based on this alone sometimes.

POKhER 12-07-2005 04:19 PM

Well i play party, so say im MP... man thats a costly error.

I'd be carefull with these "Site" assumptions. Same with guys saying "The table was loose passive". They could be playing a tag whose been card cold for the past 20 minutes(Or whilst they were busy multitabling they missed the action).