Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I get criticized for this play - you decide (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392937)

TripleH68 12-06-2005 11:34 PM

Re: I get criticized for this play - you decide

I love it when people try to teach opponents how to play poker in a chat box.
I usually never chat about anything other than jokes and stuff, but sometimes...

I was asked by a player the other day if I was going to continue to blow off all my chips.
(I had been raising a lot preflop and getting stoned). He was benefitting two seats to my left.

Me: "what do you care?"

Villain: "you don't know when to check or when to fold."

Me: "i had a good hand you [censored]."

Villain: "fine, keep pushing it and i will have all your chips."

Someone else at the table: "sometimes that really aggressive play can win a lot. it just depends."

Then they all got into some long winded [censored] 'poker theory' discussion.
It made me laugh and relax a little about running poorly.

silkyslim 12-06-2005 11:46 PM

preflop was close, it depends on the tendencies of the players left to act. This can be a raise, fold, or limp given certain conditions. Other than that, you know how to play postflop, they dont. NH. This is an easy flop bet/3bet for a free card. Take it on the turn baby. Ok, you hit and he bets into you like a downy. Raise it up you have the best hand.
PS. Don't listen to table coaches. They are all awful and misinformed.

silkyslim 12-06-2005 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You played this great, just let the guy whine, he's mad because he obviously got completely outplayed.

I had a guy at my table today criticize some guy for raising AA from the BB when 6 people limped. His arguement was you are no longer favored against 6 people. His definition of favored was +50%. Even after it was explained to him that he doesnt have to win over 50% of the time since his money is only 1/7th of the pot, he still didn't agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
why explain it to him, just say thanks ill remember that and let him miss value with his monster hands. You make money when he doesnt.

olavfo 12-07-2005 12:37 AM

Is it possible to play this any better postflop than you did? I don't think so.

Flop: You have 9 outs to the nuts and possibly another 3 for top pair, so even if you don't get a free card your flop 3-bet will cost you very little.

Turn: Plays itself.

River: Plays itself.

12-07-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You played this great, just let the guy whine, he's mad because he obviously got completely outplayed.

I had a guy at my table today criticize some guy for raising AA from the BB when 6 people limped. His arguement was you are no longer favored against 6 people. His definition of favored was +50%. Even after it was explained to him that he doesnt have to win over 50% of the time since his money is only 1/7th of the pot, he still didn't agree.

[/ QUOTE ]
why explain it to him, just say thanks ill remember that and let him miss value with his monster hands. You make money when he doesnt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I complete agree, but I never said I was the one explaining it to him.

What actually happened was the BB who raised was the live one at the table. I think he was 57/20/1 at the time this happened, and I was 2 to his left. Whenever some moron decides to tell a fish he's making bad plays, I usually come to the fish's defense. In this case I jumped up to 15/30 just because I got a seat to the fish's left. So I really didn't want him to leave or start playing better.

Some other guy at the table did the math for him, I just said "I'm raising 6 limpers with AA all day long."

ReptileHouse 12-07-2005 11:45 AM

Pre-flop is table dependent. I'd probably open-raise before I'd open limp with it, I don't absolutely hate the limp.

Flop is nicely done. You definitely have him guessing a bit here as shown by his turn check. I don't like his c/r here at all. He should have just bet out.

Your opponent screwed up the turn pretty badly, too. Even after the flop 3-bet of his c/r, he really needs to bet here. Giving a free card is crazy talk. You just, rightly, took the free card you'd paid for.

The river is the first post-flop street your opponent doesn't completely mis-play. Your play is fine.

Adam22 12-07-2005 11:53 AM

i hate the preflop limp. it's definetly not something that would be reccomended in SSH or any poker book really and even though i agree it is a table dependent hand, i think that no matter what you do it is a raise or fold type of hand ( the vast majority of the time it being a fold ).

SoSo 12-07-2005 12:17 PM

Raise PF, there is nothing else wrong with this hand, vllian is just pissed he did not get to c/r u on the turn.

droolie 12-07-2005 03:17 PM

I like this hand a lot. MP1 is as late as I would ever consider limping with A7s. And I would only do that if I had some loosies behind me. Some tables I fold that hand others I'll raise it. 1st in at MP1 is a very tough position to say what the best play is what that hand though. Very situational. When it's colse I tend to raise so I can loosen up my image and set up bigger wins with premium holdings in future hands.

Postflop is flawless.