Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Flopped trips, action from BB. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392807)

tyler_cracker 12-06-2005 06:41 PM

Re: Flopped trips, action from BB.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the interesting decision is whether to 3-bet the turn. Personally I don't think so, but I could see an argument for sticking in one more raise. I really do not want to see a cap, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i was getting at. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 bets go in on the turn here, but i really don't want 4. Thus, i can't bet/3-bet.

Bet/call seems a liiiittle too weak, and it gets 1-2 bets in.

But if we check/raise, we get 2-3 bets in, which seems about right.

How's that?

Aaron W. 12-06-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the interesting decision is whether to 3-bet the turn. Personally I don't think so, but I could see an argument for sticking in one more raise. I really do not want to see a cap, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what i was getting at. I wouldn't mind seeing 3 bets go in on the turn here, but i really don't want 4. Thus, i can't bet/3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to see villain 3-bet me if I check-raise him on the turn (again, unless you know villain is a bit hyper). How many hands do you think he 3-bets when you check-raise? How many hands do you think he caps when you bet/3-bet? I think the two categories are about the same.

12-06-2005 07:39 PM

I'd slow down when he raises me on the turn fearing 55 or a 9 with a better kicker. Bet/call turn, check/call river is my line.

Shillx 12-06-2005 07:49 PM

STOP bet/calling rivers in these spots!!!!!!!!!!

100 of my 6000+ posts have probably been on this topic. When you both have something good, don't bet the [censored] river unless you intend to 3-bet (so you should have 3-bet here, even if you knew it was -EV, that isMO). He calls with a worse hand and raises a better hand. If you check he will bet both worse and better hands so you Win one bet/Lose one bet when you check/call and you Win one bet/Lose two bets when you bet/call. Freakin' Fabulous.

The rest of the hand is up for debate. The river play is just terrible from a game theory stand point.

12-06-2005 07:50 PM

Somewhere along here you need to be worried he had 55 and flopped a boat.

12-06-2005 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
STOP bet/calling rivers in these spots!!!!!!!!!!

100 of my 6000+ posts have probably been on this topic. When you both have something good, don't bet the [censored] river unless you intend to 3-bet (so you should have 3-bet here, even if you knew it was -EV, that isMO). He calls with a worse hand and raises a better hand. If you check he will bet both worse and better hands so you Win one bet/Lose one bet when you check/call and you Win one bet/Lose two bets when you bet/call. Freakin' Fabulous.

The rest of the hand is up for debate. The river play is just terrible from a game theory stand point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, tell me about it. I slammed my desk for making that move. Betting the river just to call his raise... Dammit.