Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Sexton's WPT Commentary (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390681)

roxtar 12-04-2005 12:40 AM

Re: Sexton\'s WPT Commentary

You mean "On the respirator"?

MCS 12-04-2005 12:50 AM

Re: the "lucky hand" stuff, I think it's a semi-joke. Of course Sexton knows no such thing exists, but it's a reasonable thing to say to fill time.

The WPT commentary isn't the best on TV, but honestly, this thread seems really nit-picky.

12-04-2005 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean "On the respirator"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I've heard that one, too from VVP.

Jorge10 12-04-2005 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems I'm in the minority, but I think Mike Sexton is great. He's the voice of poker. He knows his shite, he's funny, he's entertaining, and I love his enthusiasm for the game. Guess you guys must really love played-out ex-wife jokes. Weak. Also, I've never heard him or anyone else 'badmouth' Doyle Brunson, and to say the guy makes offensive comments - um, yeah, that's what he does. He sits there in the booth dropping the N-word and F-bombs all show long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this guy, I like the commentary Mike Sexton provides.

VVP not so much. His jokes are no longer funny, Norman Chad always brings in new stuff, even if it somehow deals with one of his 9 ex wives, but still, he finds a way to make it funny. VVP just has cliches which are already lame and he never gets any new ones.

B Dids 12-04-2005 01:34 AM

Very simply- Norman Chad is better because Norman Chad is honest with the audience.

Also Norman and Lon don't hype up the mock drama as much, which is nice.

BigSoonerFan 12-04-2005 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very simply- Norman Chad is better because Norman Chad is honest with the audience.

Also Norman and Lon don't hype up the mock drama as much, which is nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Chad's just trying to be a smart-ass. I like it.

Benoit 12-04-2005 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems I'm in the minority, but I think Mike Sexton is great. He's the voice of poker. He knows his shite, he's funny, he's entertaining, and I love his enthusiasm for the game. Guess you guys must really love played-out ex-wife jokes. Weak. Also, I've never heard him or anyone else 'badmouth' Doyle Brunson, and to say the guy makes offensive comments - um, yeah, that's what he does. He sits there in the booth dropping the N-word and F-bombs all show long.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I recall, sexton says something about Doyle, then the other says "Doyle who?" That was one of the shows tonight, and maybe a month or two ago I heard them saying something similar to that extent about Doyle too. It just gets a bit tiring when they keep trying to be funny... Maybe if it was Sexton and Scotty Nguyen, now that I bet would be entertaining.

SoftcoreRevolt 12-04-2005 02:36 AM

No of course not...

THERE'S THE BURN CARD.

Mike Sexton knows how to present poker as exciting and important to the mainstream audience. Norman Chad doesn't. Lon sort of does, I guess this comes from trying to present cheerleader championships as a big deal.

lapoker17 12-04-2005 03:19 AM

Mike and VVP are cool. They're cool because they are themselves and because they each actually have a unique style - from what they say to what they wear. Lon and Norman are losers. They are homogenized. They wear things like black jeans with mock turtlenecks and sportcoats - WTF? Plus VVP gets laid a lot and Sexton is a good player. This really isn't close.

12-04-2005 04:01 AM

Mike Sexton can kiss my ass.