Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   I suck hard at blind vs. blind battles (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390184)

jason_t 12-02-2005 09:38 PM

Re: I suck hard at blind vs. blind battles

Standard.

cassady 12-02-2005 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not raise the turn?

Jake (The Snake) 12-02-2005 09:58 PM

We're simply behind villain's range.

Also,
When we are behind obviously 3-betting is worse.
When we are ahead we usually get the same amount of bets in anyway by letting villain bet the river.

SackUp 12-02-2005 10:03 PM

preflop, flop, and turn are all standard for me.

I might 3bet the turn depending on the player.

The river is ineresting to me. A c/c would be my standard line, but I think getting sexy could be fun too. I would probably not recommend the sexy often but we could get a better jack to fold or a worse pair to call.

cassady 12-02-2005 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're simply behind villain's range.

Also,
When we are behind obviously 3-betting is worse.
When we are ahead we usually get the same amount of bets in anyway by letting villain bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if we are behind the villian's range. For most players, any pocket pair above jacks would be 3-bet reflop. So would AJ, and possibly a J with any broadway. I think our hand is good a fair amount of the time.

While I agree that a lot of the time letting an opponent bet the river will get us the same amount of money, I can quite easily see an aggressive opponent semi-bluff raising an A-high or small to medium pair on the turn. This is the kind of opponent we may knock out with a 3-bet.

In short, I think hand protection is still somewhat of a concern on the turn.

jason_t 12-02-2005 10:25 PM

If you 3-bet the pot will be 8 BB. If Hero's hand is good, what hands are you trying to protect from?

cassady 12-02-2005 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you 3-bet the pot will be 8 BB. If Hero's hand is good, what hands are you trying to protect from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hand with overcards to a J. There's also the chance that a mid-pair will improve....

jason_t 12-03-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hand with overcards to a J. There's also the chance that a mid-pair will improve....

[/ QUOTE ]

How often does villain have overcards to a J after taking this line?

ncboiler 12-03-2005 01:10 AM

Re-raise the turn. Call the river although I'm not sure how it could have helped villian meaning it may be a bet/fold situation.

cassady 12-03-2005 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How often does villain have overcards to a J after taking this line?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played more than 100 hands of 5/10, my online experience is strictly 2/4 and 3/6, but I've seen Ace high raise the turn on board like this on a blind battle. I guess this is highly read dependent and we're without a read here.

Perhaps a corrosponding question is this: what hand does villian have that we are behind to here? Do you think it's a jack with a better kicker? Very often you'd see a 3-bet preflop with AJ or even JK.