Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Well Known Catholic High School (All Boys) Cancels their Prom (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389938)

ThaSaltCracka 12-02-2005 02:47 PM

Re: Well Known Catholic High School (All Boys) Cancels their Prom

Yah for All Boys Catholic schools [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

O'Dea HS (Seattle, WA), Class of 2k.

Does this have anything to do with the Order of the school? O'Dea is a Christian Brothers school, full of debauchery, although I could see them doing something like this as well. I like their move and their explanation. There is something that non-Catholic school students don't realize. Almost all of the teachers and admins at Catholic schools genuinely care about their students, and they care about what kind of man you will be when you are an adult. I firmly believe that if I hadn't gone to O'Dea I probably would have been a HS dropout or some other complete slacker.

turnipmonster 12-02-2005 02:48 PM

despite the many problems at my high school, I am so damn glad I went to public school.

imported_anacardo 12-02-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
despite the many problems at my high school, I am so damn glad I went to public school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say word, son. Except for the godawful math education. I still can't tell you exactly what a sine is, which is shameful to me.

IndieMatty 12-02-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd hate it dude. We were forced to shower and wash our hair after gym.

turnipmonster 12-02-2005 02:53 PM

this is true, I hated math until I took physics. I had the best/coolest physics teacher in the history of the world though.

turnipmonster 12-02-2005 02:54 PM

I think I actually attended gym like twice. certainly didn't wash my hair afterwards.

ThaSaltCracka 12-02-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd hate it dude. We were forced to shower and wash our hair after gym.

[/ QUOTE ]you guys had to clean yourselfs after gym [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

SossMan 12-02-2005 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I [censored] hate Chaminade. They always destroyed everyone else at swimming...I went to Xavier, also all boy's.

Wait, you went to Chaminade? When'd you graduate?

But anyway, I really like what they have to say in the letter. It's absolutely true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long time ago man. 96. Yeah, I think the letter is the [censored]. It's Chaminades tone that gets me. We know what we are doing, if you disagree, that sucks and you're probably a moron. It's like the Daryn of Catholic High Schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was logically consistant, but that last line was such a friggin' bitch slap to the opposition.

"to those who have shared dialogue and support this position, thank you for your untiring committment to your son and the values we both hold. To those who are struggling with this question, we hope in the days ahead you too will see the wisdom of this change."

i.e. You are entitled to your opinion, even though it's wrong.

Voltron87 12-02-2005 03:00 PM

honestly, the bottom line is this: I'm not going to send my kid to a school where they believe in magic. I just can't do it.

Eurotrash 12-02-2005 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We know what we are doing, if you disagree, that sucks and you're probably a moron. It's like the Daryn of Catholic High Schools.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice