Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can anyone read this guy? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389857)

Riverman 12-02-2005 03:20 PM

Re: Can anyone read this guy?

Although you will be shown aces up a fair percentage of the time here, its an easy call as they often do this w/ AQ-A10 or even openended

swolfe 12-02-2005 03:20 PM

this is always two pair or better from me expecting you to have a good hand and call me. take that for what it's worth.

Godfather80 12-02-2005 03:23 PM

Swolfe, he's getting better than 2:1. I think he sees A weaker kicker half the time and twopair/set the other half. Good call.

12-02-2005 03:27 PM

Seems tough to lay this down as played. What would you guys do if positions were changed and villain c/r AI? Still call?

DoomSlice 12-02-2005 03:31 PM

Similar situations in past? How strong of hands does he usually get AI with? Making up a read based on betting patterns is one thing... but combining it with previous play is what makes it a real read.

12-02-2005 05:27 PM

How I think about this:

With the preflop raise, most callers will have something like AQ,AJ,KQ,KJ... maybe even AT. Also, most people will call with pockets.

This is probably read-dependent. At my home game, I'd call this bet in a second against some players, and fold it without thinking against others.

Given no read, I'd probably go ahead and call this and expect AK/AQ. If they have 66 or 44, so be it.

As for A6 taking you out... screw him. Who the hell calls that raise w/ A6.

TexArcher 12-02-2005 07:05 PM

Yeah, pre-flop was fine. Tough beat, but consider it an investment -- you got some good info out of him, now write up his awful call in the notes and add him to your buddy list...

12-02-2005 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
50$ NL, 50$ stacks (100BB)

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in SB.

UTG raises to 1$ (meaning nothing), MP calls (meaning nothing, hes unknown BTW), so I raise to 6$ trying to take it down preflop.

BB (rockish) cold calls, MP calls

Pot 17$
Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
-- I bet 13$, BB folds, MP pushes

It's 33$ back to me getting 2.3:1

a) What's your read?
b) Do you fold?
c) Why or why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I see that most people are telling you this is an easy call. In my experiences in 50NL--especially against unknowns, in other words players you aren't sure about their suckiness, when they play back at you for the rest of their chips (he did still have $33) they can usually beat TPTK.

12-02-2005 07:56 PM

I also play 25NL and 50NL and dont think you see AQ or AJ here very often at all. I would be very surprised to find someone that aggressive at my table.

I would fold this, and expect to see 2 pair or trips often.

12-02-2005 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also play 25NL and 50NL and dont think you see AQ or AJ here very often at all. I would be very surprised to find someone that aggressive at my table.

I would fold this, and expect to see 2 pair or trips often.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, you need to find some new $25 games