Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hopefully a Less Standard Hand than my last (5/10 6max) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389760)

diconoclastx 12-02-2005 08:35 AM

Re: Hopefully a Less Standard Hand than my last (5/10 6max)

Flop and turn is alright. I probably fold this turn. River is a fold.

Kirkrrr 12-02-2005 09:11 AM

I guess it's working for ya. I don't like doing it since I'll be betting with air majority of the time (if I choose to cont. bet), not to mention that my hand becomes very well defined so it's really tough to get paid off by worse hands when you do hit.

Kirk

Yeti 12-02-2005 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been playing 6max for a week. I have raised AKo in the blinds every time I've had it in an unraised pot. No good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally standard.

Riverman 12-02-2005 09:54 AM

As played I would fold the river.

But I wouldn't ever play like this unless I was against a very overaggressive player. I don't really mind your flop line, but I would probably check-raise this turn card given your decision to check-call the flop.

captZEEbo1 12-02-2005 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you usually raise AKo in the blinds? That gets expensive if done habitually, but fine if just mixing it up.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL good luck with poker

Chaostracize 12-02-2005 11:05 AM

Then you should stop typing "I have AKo, guys" in the chat.

How does raising preflop then continuation betting any flop define your hand?

Rococo 12-02-2005 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you usually raise AKo in the blinds? That gets expensive if done habitually, but fine if just mixing it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are being too judgmental. Raising AK off in an unraised pot every time from the blinds can be expensive in a shorthanded game against the wrong opponents. I don't see any problem with mixing it up although I probably raise 2/3 of the time.

BobboFitos 12-02-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise AK from the blinds and it shows a nice profit.

captZEEbo1 12-02-2005 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are being too judgmental. Raising AK off in an unraised pot every time from the blinds can be expensive in a shorthanded game against the wrong opponents. I don't see any problem with mixing it up although I probably raise 2/3 of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]You know what else is expensive? Raising AA from the blinds! I [censored] hate raising the best hand preflop, I like to make sure the flop looks safish, than POUNCE!

12-02-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You know what else is expensive? Raising AA from the blinds! I [censored] hate raising the best hand preflop, I like to make sure the flop looks safish, than POUNCE!

[/ QUOTE ]

I ALWAYS agreed with this in NL.

How could you rationalize not raising from the blinds with AK????

Tex