Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Biggest difference between 55's and 33's? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389596)

12-02-2005 03:57 AM

Re: Biggest difference between 55\'s and 33\'s?

[ QUOTE ]
$22

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one! And for...

[ QUOTE ]
BIGGEST (emphasis mine) difference between 55's and 33's?

[/ QUOTE ]
...very true as well.

pokerswami 12-02-2005 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Suited connectors i assume.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense.
Thank you.

gisb0rne 12-02-2005 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PS- I played in 4 109's last night that went to level 9 with 6 players left. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

tigerite 12-02-2005 05:29 AM

Fark, Irieguy is at the $109s? No wonder I was getting my ass handed to me last night..

skipperbob 12-02-2005 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fark, Irieguy is at the $109s? No wonder I was getting my ass handed to me last night..

[/ QUOTE ]

Ne: See Irieguy post about holding the FatWad from *STTF-HUC-II*

downtown 12-02-2005 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just started playing 55's today. the 3 things that struck me the most was A) the PF raises early on are more like 5-8 times BB vs. 3-5x BB in the 33's....B) post flop bets are frequently overbetting the pot in the 55's and not so much in the 33's...and C) not as many ultrafish begging to get stacked early. oops! forgot to add that there was also a noticeable difference in the number of PF re-steals in the 55's vs. the 33's in the middle stages of the tourney. got caught myself a few times.

i only played 14 55's today (only cashed in 2, one 1st and one 2nd). are the things i mentioned typical, or did i just happen to run into some of this today? what else can i expect in terms of big differences?

tripdad

[/ QUOTE ]

A) Nope
B) Nah
C) Not necessarily, maybe slightly less fish
Oops!) More pf resteals? Hmm.

Like others said, play more than 14.

Hornacek 12-02-2005 12:00 PM

Bubble play. Maybe a few less donks. Still very beatable, though Variance may be higher and ROI lower.

tripdad 12-02-2005 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i just started playing 55's today. the 3 things that struck me the most was A) the PF raises early on are more like 5-8 times BB vs. 3-5x BB in the 33's....B) post flop bets are frequently overbetting the pot in the 55's and not so much in the 33's...and C) not as many ultrafish begging to get stacked early. oops! forgot to add that there was also a noticeable difference in the number of PF re-steals in the 55's vs. the 33's in the middle stages of the tourney. got caught myself a few times.

i only played 14 55's today (only cashed in 2, one 1st and one 2nd). are the things i mentioned typical, or did i just happen to run into some of this today? what else can i expect in terms of big differences?

tripdad

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe nobody is going to flame you. Ok, fine... I will.

I believe that the ability to beat poker consistently, and the inability to be capable of understanding that you cannot recognize typical patterns when N=14 are incapatable with one another.

Either you cannot beat this game, or you realize how silly your post is. One of these two MUST be true.

Irieguy

PS- I played in 4 109's last night that went to level 9 with 6 players left. Has anyone else noticed this trend?

[/ QUOTE ]

geez. i'm just trying to get a jump on any noticeable differences so it won't be surprising. i won't be playing much until monday, as i have a couple of live tourneys to go to.

i'm fairly certain i'll be OK at the 50's based on my performance at the 33's, but who knows? if i'm not doing well after a couple hundred, i'll just move on back down to build up what i lost.

as for not recognizing "typical patterns" after just 14, that is the reason for my post asking others what they have noticed after moving up. i just listed a few things i personally noticed as being a bit different from the 33's, and asked if these were things that i am to expect.

tripdad

raptor517 12-02-2005 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, most ppl prolly didnt catch this but i fell outta my chair laughing. bwahahha. holla

rbear 12-02-2005 07:12 PM

ditto, and tigerites response [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]