Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   30 minute 4 table 5/10 6m VIDEO (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389559)

12-02-2005 12:23 AM

Re: 30 minute 4 table 5/10 6m VIDEO

For the hand on the right hand side when you have the pocket Queens and the flop comes JJ4, I was wondering what your logic was. I think there were two other players betting (maybe it was the same one twice?), and you call through the river. I was wondering if you couldn't raise the turn here? It seems like a safe fold to a 3-bet.

I'm new at this though, so don't mind me if this is not such a hot idea.

PokerBob 12-02-2005 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For the hand on the right hand side when you have the pocket Queens and the flop comes JJ4, I was wondering what your logic was. I think there were two other players betting (maybe it was the same one twice?), and you call through the river. I was wondering if you couldn't raise the turn here? It seems like a safe fold to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the exact same thing, and i think surfdoc was too as his cursor moved back and forth quite a bit before he acted. When I watched the hand I assumed the guy in MP had a J after he CC'ed 2 bets on the flop. I like the idea of popping the turn and ditching it to a 3bet, but i play bad.

surfdoc 12-02-2005 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking the exact same thing, and i think surfdoc was too as his cursor moved back and forth quite a bit before he acted. When I watched the hand I assumed the guy in MP had a J after he CC'ed 2 bets on the flop. I like the idea of popping the turn and ditching it to a 3bet, but i play bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was by far the most I was lost in the entire session. I really thought I was phucked when the coldcall came in and wanted to just fold the turn but instead almost raised which may be best but then I thought maybe just invest one more in case both are on draws and maybe I spike a Queen. Then the river was just one more bet, blah, blah. meh. That hand sucked.

PokerBob 12-02-2005 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wanted to just fold the turn but instead almost raised which may be best but then I thought maybe just invest one more in case both are on draws

[/ QUOTE ]

if both are on draws, isn't this why you want to raise?

surfdoc 12-02-2005 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wanted to just fold the turn but instead almost raised which may be best but then I thought maybe just invest one more in case both are on draws

[/ QUOTE ]

if both are on draws, isn't this why you want to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but I won't know that until they check the river. Overall I think I just plain botched the hand.

PokerBob 12-02-2005 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Overall I think I just plain botched the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i do not think that is true. calling the river w/out closing the action is kinda tough, but no one has held up a sign that says "I have you beat" with their play on earlier streets. that said, a better player would have pinged the Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river.

12-02-2005 04:48 AM

bottom left hand table you have KJ and a 44/17 raises UTG you are on button and 3bet i fold this.

Nextish hand top right you have 88 co limps you raise in SB get 3 bet by a 67/4/.5 flop j10x 2 hearts and you peel flop id fold after limper calls then another heart on turn and you peel again i dont think you can peel either of these

top right you have JJ raise guy CC and BB (52/13/1.2) calls flop 997 2 spades id 3 bet the flop and call down if capped that might be a bit spewy not sure

top right you have 59 in BB flop 2 pair, you bet 1 calls and you get raised by a lag id call that bet then bet -3bet the turn trying to snag another bet out of the loss passive on your left.

bottom left you have AQ raise BB (30/0/.7) flop comes J59 he donks you call Q on turn he checks you bet he folds. Question is what would you have done if a blank hit the turn and he checked? if he bet?

bottom left UTG limps 44/1.3 you limp on button with q8 suited this standard?

PokerBob 12-02-2005 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bottom left you have AQ raise BB (30/0/.7) flop comes J59 he donks you call Q on turn he checks you bet he folds. Question is what would you have done if a blank hit the turn and he checked? if he bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am curious about this as well.

TBag 12-02-2005 05:05 AM

Surfdoc,

Would you mind posting some of your PT stats? Such as VPIP, PFR, steal attempt %, W$WSF, AF, sample size, and (if you don't mind) total hands + bb/100? I guess I'm really just asking of a screenshot of your general tab =P.

Nice video, I watched the whole thing. Interesting to watch. I think overall I would play more aggressive, but I'm not even sure how sound my playing is - I've never been able to compare it to a complete video of play before. Thanks for posting.

imported_leader 12-02-2005 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Surfdoc,

Would you mind posting some of your PT stats? Such as VPIP, PFR, steal attempt %, W$WSF, AF, sample size, and (if you don't mind) total hands + bb/100? I guess I'm really just asking of a screenshot of your general tab =P.

[/ QUOTE ]

This many be of interest to you if you haven't seen it: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/favlin...amp;postmarker=