Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Jmans Always Draw (5/10 6max) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389497)

Popinjay 12-02-2005 01:27 AM

Re: Jmans Always Draw (5/10 6max)

Push on the turn after c-r looks better.

cero_z 12-02-2005 02:37 AM

Hi Jman,

[ QUOTE ]
You mean on the flop? Then yes, I thought about [folding]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should never consider folding here for 30. You have 12 outs to the nuts. Calling is fine, though. I like your play in the rest of the hand.

Jman28 12-02-2005 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jman,

[ QUOTE ]
You mean on the flop? Then yes, I thought about [folding]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should never consider folding here for 30. You have 12 outs to the nuts. Calling is fine, though. I like your play in the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I was worried about getting raised out behind me, but I guess the implied odds are juicy enough to make up for that chance.

12-02-2005 04:36 AM

Re: Jmans Always Draw

You flopped way too good for that hand to fold on that flop bet.

Maulik 12-02-2005 07:36 AM

Flop can be played either way.

Turn - I don't like the nearly min-raise make it $400 or 500 for reasons buttons mentioned.

meleader2 12-02-2005 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Turn - I don't like the nearly min-raise make it $400 or 500 for reasons buttons mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but doesn't a 3-bet scream flush? true villain might have one too, but wouldn't it be better to call then 2/3 value bet the river?

Allinlife 12-02-2005 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but doesn't a 3-bet scream flush? true villain might have one too, but wouldn't it be better to call then 2/3 value bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
lotta cards you don't wanna see on river...4th club/board pairing + 3 betting turn gives you chance to stack lower flush

meleader2 12-02-2005 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lotta cards you don't wanna see on river...4th club/board pairing + 3 betting turn gives you chance to stack lower flush

[/ QUOTE ]

the 4th flush card doesn't mean anything except it will kill your action unless he has J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] which 2/3 pot bet will make a call. i don't think the board pairing on the river will affect anything because i don't see SB not raising preflop holding AA/KK/JJ. maybe limps with 99/AJ/KJ, but i don't see a min raise coming from SB on just 2 pair on a flush board. although, maybe he would, but that seems real weak.

meleader2 12-02-2005 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you know what...i'm sure you're right now. it's probably leaving money on the table that a lot of cards could fall that would kill your action.

Riverman 12-02-2005 10:04 AM

I would call the turn raise here as he is likely drawing dead and will continue firing on the river, whereas your reraise announces your hand.