Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   *Official* Boat or Better Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389268)

tiltaholic 12-01-2005 04:14 PM

Re: *Official* Boat or Better Thread

this happened a little while ago.

loose passive 5/10 table

i limp A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] UTG

MP1 raises. He is loose and aggressive and bad.
folded to CO and Button who both call two. The big blind calls. I call.

5 way flop for 10sb. 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks. I check. MP1 bets. CO folds. Button calls. BB calls. I call?

Turn 4 ways, 7bb. J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

MP1 bets. button folds. BB calls. I raise?

jaxUp 12-01-2005 04:17 PM

I c/r the flop here. With no guarantee he'll be the turn, I think the chance of it getting checked through is not worth the risk of waiting. I get a max of 5 bets in on turn and rive combined.

and yeah, as it played out you need to c/r that turn.

MrWookie47 12-01-2005 04:17 PM

I would prolly c/r the flop since you got those guys trapped.

UATrewqaz 12-01-2005 04:21 PM

This is a good one...

If you analyze the turn....

MP1 bets into large field (3 opponents) on the 4 flush board...

The only reasonable hands he can have to bet with is the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (would be the nut regular flush) or the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (which is the pure nuts).

Would MP1 be stupid enough to bet a crappy [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here? Or would he also be the type that would totally bluff? (bluffing into a large field like that would almost be insane, as you figure against 3 opponents there is at least 1 diamond somewhere).

Very read dependent. Based on your read and the fact you have a bozo trapped in between raise.

I probably don't go into this depth of thought during the hand and just raise becuase if my SF loses to a higher one, heck that's poker.

12-01-2005 04:26 PM

Re: *Official* Quads or Better Thread *DELETED*

Post deleted by Keepitsimple

jaxUp 12-01-2005 04:27 PM

Re: *Official* Quads or Better Thread

you da man KIS. Thanks.

12-01-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you da man KIS. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
because of this praise Im going to post a hand from todays totally missplayed session [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

It was 5 handed and I was UTG.

Game # 179335936 - Texas Hold'em Fixed Limit EUR 1,00/2,00 - Table "Fredrikstad"
Game ended 2005-12-01 20:52:41 GMT+01:00

Players:
Luckbox (EUR 64,50 in seat 4)
Villain (EUR 22,00 in seat 6)

Dealer: Villain
Small Blind: uninteresting guy 1 (0,50)
Big Blind: uninteresting guy 2 (1,00)

Luckbox was dealt: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Luckbox Raise (2,00)
Villain Call (2,00)
Flop 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Luckbox Bet (1,00)
Villain Call (1,00)

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Luckbox Bet (2,00)
Villain Raise (4,00)
Luckbox Raise (4,00)
Villain Call (2,00)

River 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Luckbox Bet (2,00)
Villain Raise (4,00)
Luckbox Raise (4,00)
Villain Raise (4,00)
Luckbox Call (2,00)

Villain shows: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, tens full of fives)
Luckbox shows: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] - 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (four of a kind, fives)

Luckbox wins: EUR 33,75 (with four of a kind, fives)
Rake: EUR 1,75
The only interesting part is that villain didnt cap the turn because he feared the flush. I guess the kittens got angry and punished him.

jaxUp 12-01-2005 05:12 PM

I don't think I'm raising that UTG here. I'd prob raise from CO or BTN, so UTG can't be far off, but I don't think it works enough to be profitable. Postflop is straightforward.

12-01-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'm raising that UTG here. I'd prob raise from CO or BTN, so UTG can't be far off, but I don't think it works enough to be profitable. Postflop is straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I fold 66-55 UTG in a 6-handed game. But I figured one position better should mean something atleast. And a pair isnt that hard to play OOP.

12-01-2005 06:18 PM

I can't find the hand, but at Full Tilt 1/2, I limped on the button with 33 after 2 EP limpers. The BB raised, and all 3 called. My 100+ hand read was that I had 3 LAGs who would play any 2 suited or better.

Flop came A 3 3. BB bet, EP1 called, EP2 raised . . .

I thought for almost the max time trying to decide if I should raise or donk cold call 2. The reasoning that won out was to cc and pray for the BB to re-raise. He had demonstrated a tendency to stay in the lead if he liked his hand, regardless of position. He did, and got 3 more calls.

Turn was Ks, putting 4 to the flush on the board. Same exact betting - I cold called 2 and was rewarded with a BB re-raise.

Riv completed the flush (BOO-Yeah!) BB bet, 1 call, EP2 raises (?!?) and now I raise. After a serious pause, BB capped, EP1 folded (finally? guess he couldn't beat a flush) and EP2 called, I called.

Results: Quad 3s>>>>>>>>Ks full of 3s>>>>>>>A high flush

The lesson was clear to me - think far more about your opponent's likely miopic view of their cards far more than your own. I actually think it is easier to focus on their likely holdings when yours is a no brainer. It also helps when donks also make their hands without noticing that you are along for the ride.