Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   55 peel? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389051)

car ramrod 12-01-2005 11:47 AM

Re: Turn

[ QUOTE ]
damn, I'm running goot on the forums today :P

[/ QUOTE ]

now just carry that over to the tables tonight.

Peter Harris 12-01-2005 11:50 AM

i wasn't planning on playing tonight....but now...hmm.

TomBrooks 12-01-2005 12:40 PM

Re: 55 peel?

[ QUOTE ]
HJ has any playable hand. He's been limping a lot and letting the maniac bet for him. I have no excuse for coldcalling pf.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Kilgore,

PREFLOP, I thought cold calling two players w/ 55 was an OK way to go. Since HJ is limping with hands that he would normally openraise with, what are the chances of him folding to a three bet?

TomBrooks 12-01-2005 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn:[ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
HJ bets, CO calls, Hero raises....

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think HJ has opened limped with preflop and bet the flop and turn with?

I'm not understanding the purpose of this raise, unless you are likely to be in the lead or thinking you can fold an 88, 99 or TT. 2nd pair 77 with a gutshot added probably wouldn't fold.

2planka 12-01-2005 01:27 PM

River - Scary Set

Some good questions from you guys. After the turn action, I'm guessing HJ had a big A but not AJ.

The turn:[ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
HJ bets, CO calls, Hero raises, HJ FOLDS, CO 3-bets, Hero calls.

River: [ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
CO bets, Hero?

edit: CO is down to just under 2BB's left.

Peter Harris 12-01-2005 01:30 PM

Re: River - Scary Set

I like a raise here, did the tilty CO call with A7? A2? 22? 77? K7?

I really think the permutations of what you beat outweigh the likelihood of a straight.

MrWookie47 12-01-2005 01:31 PM

I think you just call this. No way I'm I folding a set here in this giant pot.

KDawgCometh 12-01-2005 02:44 PM

Re: 55 peel?

yeah, three betting PF would've made this hand play completely different(to trot out a well worn phrase on this forum). I don't understand the HJ's open donk, is a bit scary if you ask me. Its obvious that the CO is trying to iso the HJ.

What is your plan for the turn, cause there is like no good card that you can get(though of course we want to see a set, but that will make a straight)

honestly, I'd probably fold the flop. Given how the action has been and everything else to consider, I really don't see a reason to continue

KDawgCometh 12-01-2005 02:50 PM

I'd just call here. the board is dangerous, and while he may be racking off, I just want a showdown with my set. I am assuming that your turn raise was for an intended free showdown, right?

TomBrooks 12-01-2005 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: [ J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
CO bets, Hero?
CO is down to just under 2BB's left.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt if HJ just happens to have a straight, and since CO is steaming off chips he probably doesn't have one either, so I'd raise with the set you just made. Calling may be good too though, because if HJ has top pair he will probably call; but if you raise, he will almost surely fold anything you beat.