Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Flopped quads--raise the turn or river? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388516)

Redd 11-30-2005 06:57 PM

Re: Flopped quads--raise the turn or river?

[ QUOTE ]
this hand is raise or fold the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

nomadtla 11-30-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
And Folding kills infants.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was being overly dramaticall ok

TomBrooks 11-30-2005 07:29 PM

I would raise the turn.

bottomset 11-30-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nah dude you have to fear bottom-quints, 5 fives is an unbeatable monster, it is best to just fold face up proudly

11-30-2005 09:11 PM

Grunch:

Raise PF.

Raise the turn.

A PF raiser in the BB usually has a strong hand and will call your raise. The EP player could be holding 2 clubs and will also call your raise. Get them now while they think they may have outs to win.

12-01-2005 04:09 AM

Here\'s what happened in the actual hand...

[ QUOTE ]
I was LP with 9s9h and called a PFR from the BB. Flop came 5c-9c-9h. BB bet, EP called, I called. Turn came 5d. BB bet, EP called...should I raise here or wait 'til the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I raised the turn, BB folded, EP called. On the river EP check-folded. So I only got one more BB out of the hand by raising the turn. Obviously with the turn raise the BB put me on at least a 5 or 9, and as it turns out EP was chasing the nut club flush with Ac-xc. If I had called the turn I suspect the BB would have bet out the river again, EP would have folded, and now I raise and I think the BB is much more inclined to call than at the turn.

Sorry, I know this is not a marginal hand but given the way the hand actually played out I was curious to ask about it.

bottomset 12-01-2005 05:43 AM

Re: Here\'s what happened in the actual hand...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was LP with 9s9h and called a PFR from the BB. Flop came 5c-9c-9h. BB bet, EP called, I called. Turn came 5d. BB bet, EP called...should I raise here or wait 'til the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I raised the turn, BB folded, EP called. On the river EP check-folded. So I only got one more BB out of the hand by raising the turn. Obviously with the turn raise the BB put me on at least a 5 or 9, and as it turns out EP was chasing the nut club flush with Ac-xc. If I had called the turn I suspect the BB would have bet out the river again, EP would have folded, and now I raise and I think the BB is much more inclined to call than at the turn.

Sorry, I know this is not a marginal hand but given the way the hand actually played out I was curious to ask about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about the times BB c/f the river

jrz1972 12-01-2005 09:16 AM

I'm glad to see multiple quad threads on the front page. Playing quads is definitely a major leak of mine and an area where I could use some work. I make money hand over fist when I whiff with overcards or flop middle pair against a PFR, but man am I bleeding chips with quads.

car ramrod 12-01-2005 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to see multiple quad threads on the front page. Playing quads is definitely a major leak of mine and an area where I could use some work. I make money hand over fist when I whiff with overcards or flop middle pair against a PFR, but man am I bleeding chips with quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

12-01-2005 06:05 PM

I like to raise the flop with my quads to represent trips or an overpair...get some flop equity into the hand and hope the board doesn't pair again to make your "trips" into a full house. Keep on raising and hope one or both players bite back. If you have someone on a draw that makes it, you'll get a lot of action.

ScottieK