Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Lasik Eye Surgery (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388230)

DeezNutz3 12-05-2005 04:57 AM

Re: Lasik Eye Surgery

I was thinking of getting the precedure done and wondered what the price was for this?

zuluking 12-05-2005 11:28 AM

Do a little research. In 12-15 years, most of you will be regretting this procedure.

bernie 12-05-2005 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do a little research. In 12-15 years, most of you will be regretting this procedure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Bud of mine got it done about 12 years ago. Still swears that he would do it again.

b

zuluking 12-05-2005 12:38 PM

This does not happen to the majority of patients undergoing this procedure, but there are lawsuits pending right now. Some are from people that had botched preocedures, and some from people that had precedures done 10+ years ago and now they are going blind.

I was offered the procedure for a FREE as an endorsement deal and turned it down flat.

12-05-2005 01:11 PM

I think it will get better and better. I am thinking about doing it but I am waiting for new technology.

renodoc 12-06-2005 04:12 AM

Zulu- some references please. The complication rate (and lawsuit rate) is tiny. The major problem for a young myope is that they will require reading glasses at an earlier age than if they didn't have the procedure.

PokerPrince 12-06-2005 12:08 PM

I got mine done for $4800cnd both eyes, but that is definately the higher end price here in Ontario. I went to the best of the best. You can get it done for 1k or so if you shop around. Check online for doctors in your area.

Jordan Olsommer 12-06-2005 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zulu- some references please. The complication rate (and lawsuit rate) is tiny. The major problem for a young myope is that they will require reading glasses at an earlier age than if they didn't have the procedure.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need references. That's the beauty about blanket statements - if you're right, you get to shout from the rooftops "I told you so!!!" If you're wrong, nobody remembers that you said it, and you get to move on to the next "end is nigh" proclamation with no loss of credibility. (see also: fluoridated water, cell phones, television, radio, automobiles, electricity, fire, etc.)

goodguy_1 12-06-2005 02:03 PM

I went for two thorough exams at Bascom Palmer at Univ.of Miami Eye Center top 5 in the country for this surgery.

IF you have extremely large pupils as I do there is a very high likelihood that you will lose your nite driving ability permanently and have to deal with other life changing side-effects-haze etc.

I went for 2 separate 1 hour long interviews w/two different doctors... Both doctors told me at this time for people with very large pupils the risk is too great. I would really like to get this surgery done mostly for watersports-surfing,bodysurfing,swimming.. I wasnt willing to risk it. I'll check it out again in another few years.

12-06-2005 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went for two thorough exams at Bascom Palmer at Univ.of Miami Eye Center top 5 in the country for this surgery.

IF you have extremely large pupils as I do there is a very high likelihood that you will lose your nite driving ability permanently and have to deal with other life changing side-effects-haze etc.

I went for 2 separate 1 hour long interviews w/two different doctors... Both doctors told me at this time for people with very large pupils the risk is too great. I would really like to get this surgery done mostly for watersports-surfing,bodysurfing,swimming.. I wasnt willing to risk it. I'll check it out again in another few years.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is basically my story except I have hyperopia so Im waiting because of that.